The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to run patch manifest

OverDream
OverDream
✭✭✭
When trying to run game launcher, an error occurs stating that it's unable to run patch manifest. What to do in this sutiation? It suggests to run repair option to restore certain files that prevent the launcher from operating properly, but when clicking Repair button, game launcher throws an error message again.

Edited by OverDream on April 26, 2018 4:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch Manifest errors are the most useless error message out there. All it means is the Launcher can't find what version the patch is*. Unfortunately, the Launcher gets all in a twist and stops the game from loading if this is present. So, unless it is needing to be patched**, don't use the Launcher.

Just make a shortcut to eso64.exe and launch the game that way, you will never ever see the patch manifest error again, and you will always be able to load the game.

*If the game client is out of date, it will tell you once you try to load the client, you don't need the Launcher to tell you this.

**If you need to patch, the best method is to reboot your machine, to make sure ESO is not in memory somewhere, then run the launcher and get the patch. The reboot will also make this error message go away if your trying to use the launcher to load the game. But, your not going to use the Launcher anymore except to Patch, right?
    Edited by Nestor on April 28, 2018 12:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I have checked this issue last night thoroughly, because I also couldn't access the game without a vpn. Turned out it was the Internet provider's fault: some providers are slow at unblocking the IPs that RKN already unblocked. My provider was Akado, and I merely switched to another. Now it works. You might wanna either wait for your provider to unblock it, because they will, or get yourself a free vpn like betternet that would help you wait, or switch the provider.
    Take care.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    I've the same provider, mate. And I must admit, it has never screwed me over: all the way I've been using it, connection is stable, and there were no reasons to complain, until yestarday when the situation got really mad
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try repairing it?
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Log in to your account from Zeni web site. Download launcher from your account (web).

Remove old launcher (use Windows uninstall) and install the new one. It should now replace files which old launcher used. Run a repair to update path for where game client have been stored.