The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Execute ! For MagDK

mr1sho
mr1sho
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't care what the plebs say it's unfair that dk is the only class with no execute hack they gave sorcs two of them at least give us one!
Gold Company Commander
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get Bloodthirsty jewellery this patch, that gives you a pseudo execute, which works pretty nicely with the high constant damage DK deals.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden needs it more.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should take implosion from sorcs, give them a more useful passive (a damage buff ) and give it to DK's called Immolation.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, mag dk got so much buff already. Cc on magsorc suck compare to dk.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer better sustain and some better form of defense for pvp. I'm fine with them being less mobile and such, as long as they have something else to make up for it.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. Not needed. Now the best melee in PvE. Undodgable whip so DK can finish things would be good for PvP though.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden needs it more.

warden has one, but its not the one you want.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why? Both classes have roots and stuns which go through block.
    Because I can!
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All classes should have there own form of an execute. End of story
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty trait on jewelry is available to everyone.... and everyone has executes... except mDKs.

Now everyone has access to Chains (silver shards), every has access to Wings (SnB ultimate).

We should also clarify that DK healing got a buff. So healers will be more viable.

DK dps only recieved an RNG sustain buff. So let’s not act like DKs are about to be OP.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    I don't care what the plebs say it's unfair that dk is the only class with no execute hack they gave sorcs two of them at least give us one!

Dude warden also deos not have execute. Scorer does not have a spammable skill . DKs has best spammable in the game. Can you trade execute for spammable flame lash ?
    Dont post something which not even a issue.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 18, 2018 6:41PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dude warden also deos not have execute. Scorer does not have a spammable skill . DKs has best spammable in the game. Can you trade execute for spammable flame lash ?

Warden does have an execute (bear ultimate) But I agree that it’s not effective in a PVP enviornment. Mag wardens could use a better execute.

Spammable attacks do not equal an execute. All stam builds have weapon spammables AND executes. That’s comparing apples to oranges.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden does have an execute (bear ultimate) But I agree that it’s not effective in a PVP enviornment. Mag wardens could use a better execute.

Spammable attacks do not equal an execute. All stam builds have weapon spammables AND executes. That’s comparing apples to oranges.

amazing how many people dont realize the bears special attack is an execute
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should take implosion from sorcs, give them a more useful passive (a damage buff ) and give it to DK's called Immolation.

I was hoping to get at least a few pages in before this became a nerf sorc thread.

The number one way to lose people when you call for buffs for your class is to also call for nerfs for other classes.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 18, 2018 8:04PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was hoping to get at least a few pages in before this became a nerf sorc thread.

The number one way to lose people when you call for buffs for your class is to also call for nerfs for other classes.

I mean, don't nerf sorc, buff them in places. But it makes more sense on a DK. Like a spontaneous combustion/cremation, and in line with the dot based slow burn explode vs Idk, being shocked to death and just dissolving?

Either way, it's a dodgy RNG passive.
    Edited by ak_pvp on April 18, 2018 8:12PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Giving sorc a 10% damage buff in exchange for a half ass RNG execute (when you already have an execute) is concidered a nerf to you? Heh That's rich buddy
    Edited by Animus-ESO on April 18, 2018 8:48PM
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would consider it and the CD are not that great especially when Nightblades cloaking right if them
    Gold Company Commander
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not even a DK thread lol, it's a magDK thread. You could more simply make a title like buff my choices of play!

DK doesn't need an execute, it never did. Stop homogenizing the game already.
    PC|EU
  • arishok33
    arishok33
    ✭✭
    Well MagDK is still one of the weaker classes on PTS currently. While able to pull off 50k without Raidbuffs, only Bubbles and Drain, every other magicka class hits harder. So yeah it could still use a buff.
    Bloodthirsty needs a nerf though lol.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why players shouldn't ever be the ones in charge of game balance.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about buff stam dk. Give it a stam whip? Honestly, its pathetic in PvP now and only useful as either a tank or able to be any sort of threat if you run heal debuffs and use DD skills from weapon skill lines. Every other stam class can run the dk setups better though.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ZoS is homogenizing the game already ... Nightblade tank abilities . Spammable Templar dps . Might as well give DK an execute now . It's probably in the works with Wrobel's team . It's already begun with all the other classes .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 20, 2018 8:08AM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

if you are not joking you have severe cognitive issues.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ZoS is homogenizing the game already ... Nightblade tank abilities . Spammable Templar dps . Might as well give DK an execute now . It's probably in the works with Wrobel's team . It's already begun with all the other classes .

This is actually true. Once upon a time there was a need for classes to have certain strengths and weaknesses, and the DK was always told it couldn't get an execute due to having other strengths.

The game today is very different, they're buffing NB tanks, Sorc tanks, DK healers, nerfing Templar healers, Psijic skills give a spamable to every class and spec, both stam and mag, as well as giving access to several buffs and CCs across the board. Not to mention Silver Leash giving chains to every tank build out there.

The homogenization of classes and stripping away of class identity while giving all classes access to buffs, debuffs, spamables and CCs outside their class skills means that asking for a DK execute isn't really that far fetched.

Hells, they could even attach it to those underperforming DoTs and have them tick harder when the victim is under x % health.
    Or they could give execute ability to other non-class skill lines, like the StamDK get their execute from bow and 2hander skill lines. Put one in Destro staff or a new magicka focused weapon, and mDK would have access to one too.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Random Forum Users: Oh no, a passive RNG execute is so unfair. It's bad for the game, no one should die to RNG. Remove that passive from sorcs!

Also random forum users: Give mDK an passive RNG execute. That would be so cool and totaly not unfair.

This always makes me smile.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well but DK is an exception to this imo. As DK has always been the one and only acceptable tank, while being able to be either mag or stam dd. Actually for quite some time it was the best option for a tank and best option for a stamdd.

I know ZoS is already homogenizing the game, and i would kinda agree if DKs now couldn't be DDs due to lacking of execution. But they can already pull what others do, without having an execute. And asking for an execute ability for DKs would end up bringing them some other nerfs imo.

I mostly play PvE these days and i don't truly care if there's a DK or another class in the melee spot, but there's also this point that DKs are quite strong in PvP (not saying op here) without execute anyways.

So giving DK an execute ability would not make any difference apart from making the game even more homogenized and causing some nerf to DK's other damage sources.

PC|EU
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its OK to buff DK execution ability , they will be the top tank and dps in the game .

• mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Did I miss something what do you mean?
    Gold Company Commander
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not caring about others thoughts means you're not willing to take in all considerations. If you're not going to be considering everything when you make a balance or class change then you're going to end up playing favourites with classes and create more balance issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not caring about others thoughts means you're not willing to take in all considerations. If you're not going to be considering everything when you make a balance or class change then you're going to end up playing favourites with classes and create more balance issues.

Well it's seem ZOS already doing that anyways keywords Nightblades and sorcs
    Gold Company Commander