The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Popular Lemming Spots

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
At time to time we can get impatient navigating around. Jumping over walls or down ledges to save time taking the long way around the path or walkway.

Sometimes this means making jumps that seemed possible but actually....lemming moment.....leaped to our death (or is it just me).

Does anyone want to nominate their most popular lemming spots where they get caught off guard and end up falling to their death.

A couple come to mind:
Daggerfall Walls. Trying to get to the docks particularly the deposit point for writs. Jump over at the wrong place and --- death.
Bal Foyen - Leaving Fort Zeren, try and take a shortcut racing forwards over the ledge...death
One that caught me off guard. In Cyrodiil commonly you can jump down from keep walls. At least one of the southern most keeps the wall is on the edge of a cliff and jumping off the southern keep wall.....death.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a chasm in Malabal Tor, near the center of the map, next to a town which offers a quest.

It's edge is hidden behind a tree, which I always run around going after the quest marker. Every. Single. Time. I have forgotten about this drop off and had to repair my armor due to fall damage.

Love the caption "Watch your step!" Great! Stop hiding them behind trees! ;)

Every so often, I stop to admire the scenery (as much as I can without fog, anyway), so I'll climb a tower. Most have a broken spot at top, which we can then jump, and then from there to the merlon for an undisturbed view.

Getting to the merlon usually means overjumping and instant death.

Thinking that a jump down a waterfall always has water greeting me.

Thinking the spacing is just wide enough for me to get across. Nope.

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The wayshrine above the shortcut to Morkuldin crafting station...

I always die on that drop.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    One that caught me off guard. In Cyrodiil commonly you can jump down from keep walls. At least one of the southern most keeps the wall is on the edge of a cliff and jumping off the southern keep wall.....death.

During Midyear Mayhem, I led an entire raid of PUGs over that southern cliff because I forgot it was there while we were going to grab an AD scroll. So many LOLs.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 26, 2018 1:03PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at Reman's Bluff in Grahtwood one time, and I needed to go north to the delve there (very top left). I came across a deep cliff with the road leading to Greenshade down there but there were these really large trees with very big branches. I figured I could jump on them and make my way down.

Turns out... those branches don't have collision

SPLAT!!!

Edited by Tryxus on April 26, 2018 1:09PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cliff near the wayshrine in Grahtwood that's closest to the enchanting survey on the coast around the Ayleid ruins. Sometimes I land in the water, sometimes I miss. But it's much faster than going around.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’s funny when people go splat on the drop in Vaults of Madness.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My friends and I try to do this whenever possible. Hey, when you've run the dungeon over a hundred times together for different gear pieces, you gotta make it fun somehow :)
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil, Brindle, going from the mine to the farm. I've watched a whole group wipe jumping off that cliff.
    Edited by Ley on April 26, 2018 1:37PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My friends and I try to do this whenever possible. Hey, when you've run the dungeon over a hundred times together for different gear pieces, you gotta make it fun somehow :)

LOL. I agree. I helped a buddy farm Rattlecage for like a month.

I like hitting rapids and sprinting....gives a good chance of pancaking. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wayshrine above the shortcut to Morkuldin crafting station...

I always die on that drop.

I love this set. Especially when tanks wear it.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The hill just below Glade farm on the way south to Ash.

Most of my deaths near a DC homekeep are to that hill.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.