The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Marked as Junk

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How come items we mark as junk, dont stay and go to the junk category?
Why should I mark an item as junk and go to destroy them all together, when I can just destroy it on the spot.

If mark as junk worked properly, once I marked all those style/trait materials as junk, they should go in that part of my inventory until I unmark them(and then I can destroy them every hour or so.)

So Zos? Can you rework this tool and help us save some time every day?
Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 26, 2018 12:01PM
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zolan's Junk Handler, if you're on PC. :) There are other addons for junk as well (quite frankly I wish I had downloaded Zolan's far earlier, it's amazing.)

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info285-ZolansJunkHandler.html
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never seen this mark as junk thing. What are you talking about?
    Xbox NA
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

Right click an item in your bag -> Mark as Junk
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come items we mark as junk, dont stay and go to the junk category?
    Why should I mark an item as junk and go to destroy them all together, when I can just destroy it on the spot.

If mark as junk worked properly, once I marked all those style/trait materials as junk, they should go in that part of my inventory until I unmark them(and then I can destroy them every hour or so.)

So Zos? Can you rework this tool and help us save some time every day?

I'm pretty sure the point is to mark everything you want as junk, then it's just two buttons to sell it all without worry of selling something you want to keep. There is a sell all junk option at vendors.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guarlet wrote: »

Yeah, console. Xbox. We hit Y to bring up an item context menu for things like split stack or stow or lock/unlock or destroy or link in chat. Never seen mark as junk.

For you, does it show up as an option for any item, or only some items in some situations, such as only unequipped etc?
    Xbox NA
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, console. Xbox. We hit Y to bring up an item context menu for things like split stack or stow or lock/unlock or destroy or link in chat. Never seen mark as junk.

For you, does it show up as an option for any item, or only some items in some situations, such as only unequipped etc?

It shows up for any item that is in your bag, there is Use, Split Stack, Link In Chat, and then Mark as Junk. Hm, that is odd that you don't have anything like that on console, it makes life faster.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your style material?

Basically what you are asking for is to have stacked items put into junk if there is already one in junk?
    [DC/NA]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to click the "Are You Sure?" Nanny button each Destroy, where you do this once when Destroying all Junk. So, less clicks over all.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zolan's Junk Handler, if you're on PC. :) There are other addons for junk as well (quite frankly I wish I had downloaded Zolan's far earlier, it's amazing.)

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info285-ZolansJunkHandler.html

Thank you.
    Most usefull post in relation to this badly though mechanic
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all my time of playing this game, I have never found one piece of junk. Sure, sometimes I have to destroy an item to make room for another item.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shows up for any item that is in your bag, there is Use, Split Stack, Link In Chat, and then Mark as Junk. Hm, that is odd that you don't have anything like that on console, it makes life faster.

Console typically is a lot more of a hands-on experience. Pc has an automatic transmission with power windows, console has the 5 speed stick shift with hand crank windows.

I started eso about 2.5 years ago, so some has changed, but when I started... Where pc buys the game and gets free connection, we also have an extra platform subscription to cover. Where pc had text chat forever, we had an on screen keyboard to hunt and peck letters on a controller, that showed up in the ‘say’ word bubble, and people randomly playing the radio into area voice which is like jamming all unsecured communication signals. Where pc had combat logs to record and process actual damage numbers, we had an external stopwatch to count the number of seconds it took a person to kill the bloodspawn boss before the ceiling collapsed: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/244687/blood-spawn-dps-test

So I’m not surprised that pc has this Mark Junk quality of life benefit. It’s not the first nor the biggest by far.
    Xbox NA
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon called JunkBuster.
    Its amazing, especially because it lets you automatically move all stolen items in the junk-category. You wouldnt believe how convenient that one is.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get confused by this issue because on my main account, things that I have previously marked as junk (foul hide, carapaces, etc.) always go into the Junk category, and I'm not using an addon for it. On my secondary account (purchased about 2 years afterward) and on friends' accounts, the stuff always ends up in Miscellaneous. I like the way it works on my main account, but I've never been able to figure out why it works that way without an addon.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my junk flag for the opposit of junk. Most of the gear I use on my characters is flagged as junk, so I can easily take it off and put it in the bank to pull it out with another character. I also tend to throw any keepsakes or alternate gear in the junk folder.

I started doing this before the ability to lock items existed, and the only down side is the gear showing up on the deconstruction screen. But in the 4 years of putting my most valuable items into the junk folder I have never accidentally sold them.
    [DC/NA]
  • Draghorn
    Draghorn
    Thanks for the links to the junk handling mods. ^_^
    Draghorn - The Business Dragon (Platform: NA-PC)