The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about light and heavy attacks and proper usage/timing (PC,pve)

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I understand the weaving bit and that's just about more practice and all and I know LA's are just click click click but my question is for heavy attacks. Whats the proper use of such, meaning how long do you hold down the button before letting loose? My brain thinks that well the longer you hold it down the more it "charges up" and will be more powerful but something tells me that's not right because seems/feels slow as, and many of the rotations I have watched people do aren't that slow?
Is it like a "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi" type of thing or better yet, for my old slow ass, is there an add-on that shows the charging/timing sort of thing? I just feel like its really slow and granted its probally because I am holding it down too long....but like with a lighting staff you can see the bolt so its a bit easier but with fire I feel I am just not doing it right.
So could someone share their heavy attack expertise? Just need to be clear on how long one should be holding it down, that's all. Cheers!! ;)

(and I know this might seem like a completely noob/ltp/get a clue type of question but its really doing my head in as having been gone so long its taking awhile to get back in the groove of how it all works. The combat system in ESO is so different than say GW2, which was pretty much press 1 to win type of stuffs, not much thinking needed, lol. So yeah, just need to know how many "misissippi's".... :wink: )
Edited by Joxer61 on April 26, 2018 11:01AM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anything but bows you can hit the key for the next skill while holding down the left mouse button and waiting for the heavy attack to finish. The skill will activate at the moment the heavy attack finishes.

Bow heavy attacks need help.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon that adds a charge bar for heavy attacks. I've seen some people use it but can't remember the name.

And as Bladerunner said, optimal way is to "queue" a skill right after you've started your heavy attack. It will fire once the heavy attack is fully charged and completed.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all!!! ;)