The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Xbox One controller lag

jlopes151
jlopes151
Having trouble with my xbox controller lagging in bar switch, eso mail lags attempting to delete mail after item retrieve, skill lags, ulti activates with just the RB

Anyone else have this problem. I have deleted my saved data, check for device and system updates nothing.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing its just lag in general mate. Xbox been bad of late and buggy. And when I get lag its always on the things you mention.
    Delete local game cache and check internet is about all we can do. Oh and controller batteries in case
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jlopes151
    jlopes151
    #$/ and it happenss during combat the controller is intact.

Thanks
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlopes151 wrote: »
    Having trouble with my xbox controller lagging in bar switch, eso mail lags attempting to delete mail after item retrieve, skill lags, ulti activates with just the RB
    Are you playing the game using WiFi or is the console hard wired?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me periodically depending on what I am doing. Recently, when crafting doing writs or whatever, I'll hit X to craft and nothing will happen and I can't leave the station and it takes about 10 seconds for the item to get made.

Bar swapping has been bad since DB and I blame the outfit system. Gonna take all styles and dyes off my weapons today I think.

Overall, performance has been.... Not good since Dragon Bones.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a general ESO problem, not the controller.

I use it wired on PC and though it was the controller, but if I immediately switch to keyboard I can still see some lag on commands registering.

At least from my testing, it doesn't seem like the issue is with the controlle (at least wired).
  • Hearsay_
    Hearsay_
    ✭✭
    I've been experiencing this a lot lately. Had a thought that it could be the general wear and tear of the controller over time.

How old is your controller and how often are you using the D-pad and/or certain buttons?

Mine is bloody years old. Still using the same one from when I bought the xbox on day one release. Buttons seem to lag and bar changes just don't happen in time. As a Healer, I need that bar swap at proper good times. But yeah nah, just a thought.
  • jlopes151
    jlopes151
    I'm using wireless and my controller is 2 years old, thought it was the controller the d-pad and other buttons alot.
  • jlopes151
    jlopes151
    ESO claims clearing your networks Alternate Mac address, then doing a hard reset of your Xbox will fix the problem.
  • jlopes151
    jlopes151
    ESO fix didn't work. My controller is a yesr old and still under the extended warranty I bought so guess it's time to turn this one in.