The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two handed weapons change

MidknightWolf
MidknightWolf
✭✭✭✭
Just want to say that as much as I love this change, I feel like it will make dual wield spell casters irrelevant. The destro staff passives are far better for mag over dual wield last passive for damage and the only reason I would dual wield as a caster is to take advantage of 5-5-2 set combos which after patch I no longer have to worry about. Agree?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It also takes away one of the stam healers advantages - being able to heal with dw for 2 5pc sets + monster.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Yes. It also takes away one of the stam healers advantages - being able to heal with dw for 2 5pc sets + monster.

It doesn't take it away from anyone still wanting to do it.

I do see it becoming virtually obsolete for magicka builds to run DW.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ..I feel like it will make dual wield spell casters irrelevant...

As opposed to what now? lol
    They've been completely useless since the sustain patch. Its doable and some people still cling to it, but there isn't actually any advantage other than the 2nd set bonus anymore, which isn't worth gimping yourself for.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the problem is?

So the change should be abandoned because its... inconvenient?
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow didn't know players still DW swords till now, that was so 2 years ago, specially since sustain issuee LA and HA and malestrom staff on backbar
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow didn't know players still DW swords till now, that was so 2 years ago, specially since sustain issuee LA and HA and malestrom staff on backbar

the only ones who still do are bomb blades who have goldened their weapons.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.