The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Knight whip : Would you support changing one morph into a Stamina one?

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I will say I do not support changing any of the Dragon Knights whip into a Stamina one (Coming from a Stamina DK main). Some players stated that "They do not need two morphs" (referring to Magicka DKs), so I wanted to get a general consensus as to what players on the forums think; We may be the minority as the majority doesn't participate on forum posts but nonetheless.

Molten whip: While slotted, your Spell and Weapon Damage is increased for Ardent Flame abilities.
Flame Lash: Targeting off balance enemies grants you a more powerful lash which deals increased damage , stuns them, and heals you.
Edited by MaxwellC on April 25, 2018 7:15PM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l

Dragon Knight whip : Would you support changing one morph into a Stamina one? 133 votes

Yes I support changing one morph into a Stamina one
69%
dodgehopper_ESODoctor_Zeussagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOBowserArobainAnimus-ESODarcyMardinSpringt-Über-ZwergeNemesis7884killingspreeb16_ESOGilbert_Gaucirwb17_ESOSavos_SarenSheezabeastMalthorneLoralai_907WingRohausSkoomahGravordStreega 93 votes
No I do not support changing one morph into a Stamina one.
30%
DeadlyRecluser.jan_emailb16_ESOskoomatraitKiramekuAllu07neb18_ESOswaggasmLady_MephalaAhPook_Is_HereleeuxanothermeLynx7386NoisividJade1986CinbriDragathPink_ViolinzMaxwellCNBrookusTheMrAfricaSpiderKnight 40 votes
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone even use the morph that gives +weapon power?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just give them a volcanic whip that is the stam morph+a fire and bleed debuff
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there should be quite a few more stam morphs for class skills. As it is stam build of different classes are way too similar, making it quite boring.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for a green whip ever since the original trailer videos came out a billion years ago. That was probably the worst bummer for me when I started playing in term of what the videos looked like and the actual game, no green whip. What, was making her whip fire colored too complicated?
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    They can have the ardent flame skill damage buff version since more people that take the skill probably do so for the stronger healing move on the off balanced (as said by me, Mr. Bias from his own experience with an MDKDD main)

I don't know if the stamina morph should be an execution or anything since a desperate enough stamina for executions can always run 2h melee weapon (if poison injection or even whirlwind aren't cutting it with their bonus on low hp enemies) not any more sure on what the stamina morph would do instead, but just being a stamina morph that does the same as flame lash (healing with stronger attack on off balanced) imo, dosen't feel creative enough.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on April 25, 2018 7:18PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina generally needs more variety
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I've been wanting it since Beta :(

tenor.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? If I could do as much DoT damage as I can, AND had an easy, instant spammable with a high tooltip, I don't think I'd play anything else in PVP. It's too much.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said yes, but my preference is more along the lines of having Molten Whip scale to the highest statistic, much like Flames of Oblivion. This way I could enjoy the passive buff while getting the same kind of damage that a magDK would enjoy from using it.

The cost isn't that high, and I think a green whip would need a cost increase to prevent overt spamming since the animation is so fast.

Scale Molten to highest statistic is my real vote
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    I said yes, but my preference is more along the lines of having Molten Whip scale to the highest statistic, much like Flames of Oblivion. This way I could enjoy the passive buff while getting the same kind of damage that a magDK would enjoy from using it.

The cost isn't that high, and I think a green whip would need a cost increase to prevent overt spamming since the animation is so fast.

Scale Molten to highest statistic is my real vote

Then you'd get no benefit from your physical penetration.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you're gonna see is *dodge *dodge *dodge.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    Honestly? If I could do as much DoT damage as I can, AND had an easy, instant spammable with a high tooltip, I don't think I'd play anything else in PVP. It's too much.

Stamdks don’t even have the strongest dot builds in the game. Giving us a reliable spammable will help us in our role as a pressure class, since we still won’t have the same kind of burst as other classes.
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    All you're gonna see is *dodge *dodge *dodge.

This argument doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t have a cast time like uppercut, snipe, dark flare, etc...so it shouldn’t be instantly dodge everytime...it would be dodged probably about the same amount as any other no cast time dodgable skill.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if ZOS gives mDKs an execute. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see them add a Whip/Flail weapon line as well as a Spear & Spear+Shield weapon line.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Its actually far more reliable atm than the other morph in pve.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup.

I get that there's a great lack of stamina morphs for all the classes, but for the love of everything stop changing existing skills. Add new ones to the game already.
    Edited by Numerikuu on April 25, 2018 9:37PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. If necessary ZoS should add a third morph to all skills.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While a venom whip would be awfully cool, I think a better fit is to have one morph of stonefist be a stamina spammable that has you punching enemies with boulders on your hands
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    While a venom whip would be awfully cool, I think a better fit is to have one morph of stonefist be a stamina spammable that has you punching enemies with boulders on your hands

That sounds so awesome
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one morph is used for magicka anyways so what’s the big deal converting the one not used to a Stam morph!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Only if ZOS gives mDKs an execute. ;)

Yes.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Only one morph is used for magicka anyways so what’s the big deal converting the one not used to a Stam morph!

Molten whip is used, I can guarantee it. Unless you´ve a perfected asylum inferno, molten whip is the 2nd best DPS choice.
    Would rather see noxious breath being reworked to a spammable ability instead of whip.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe its the only way to make sDk viable, but I believe it is one of the many ways to help stamDK.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at current, I think a HA, dizzy swing, into a stam whip, and execute would be too strong. If there was a nerf to dizzy then sure
    Edited by Emmagoldman on April 26, 2018 2:10PM
  • ilikepickles
    ilikepickles
    ✭✭✭

You realize that with passives unchanged, that becomes extremely broken and stamDK hits current magblade levels of sustain?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at current, I think a HA, dizzy swing, into a stam whip, and execute would be too strong. If there was a nerf to dizzy then sure

do you believe dizzying swing is OP? It is the easiest countered spammable in the entire game, and people counter it by doing just what they should, by stacking shields,cloaking, blocking,dodging, stunning or kiting the caster ... Its an ability that is as useful as your opponents skill level.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 26, 2018 2:39PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You realize that with passives unchanged, that becomes extremely broken and stamDK hits current magblade levels of sustain?

People only suggest a stam stonefist morph because magDks don't want to give up their useful abilities(they want it all for themselves tbh.), and stonefist for the most part is useless as a magicka ability. It would also be useless as a stamina ability.

Think of stam warden bird, do you think that ability is good?

And on the balance level, helping hands passive and the ult regen passive means that a spammable stamina ability in this skill line would have to cost around 3 to 4k, and even then people could use cost reduction to make it a problem. Its just not a good idea, but people don't want to understand it.

They are afraid of a viable stamDk, they don't want it, so they ask for a dumb thing that won't happen, like stamina stonefist. Who even cares for stonefist, its the most useless ability I can think of, an ability that is totally outclassed by petrify, even with its inferior range.
    How would that even make stamDk even better, how would that even have a reason to get used, I do not understand.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 26, 2018 2:43PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sure. It won't be imbalanced or anything, just a bit lazy Imo.

Personally I would prefer more varying things, burning talons become poison with dot (the main/choking can be fire with no dot) stam deep breath, and poison but still mag costing and higher stat scaling volatile armour.
    Edited by ak_pvp on April 26, 2018 3:40PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Yeah sure. It won't be imbalanced or anything, just a bit lazy Imo.

Personally I would prefer more varying things, burning talons become poison with dot (the main/choking can be fire with no dot) stam deep breath, and poison but still mag costing and higher stat scaling volatile armour.

or ZOS could just fix the useless uppercut/flurry and we wouldn't need to ask for poison whip then.