The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Set down and talk about it: Nocturnal’s Favor

SmellyUnlimited
SmellyUnlimited
✭✭✭✭
Nocturnal’s Favor
2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
3 – 1206 Max Health
4 – 1206 Max Health
5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

Final verdict on best use of set: Nightblade Tank

So, at first blush this looks amazing. Correction, even at last blush. But the question is, how was this envisioned on being utilized?

So the set only benefits the wearer with the heal, and with the added health and Stam regen, it’s intended for stam dps without consistent life sustain, and taks.

Stam DPS:

While it can be somewhat reasonably inferred to pertain to this class type as well, the question remains as to what type of content. As in trials you’re likely to have two dedicated healer, and “most”DLC dungeons will run with a healer (or the Tank-/3 deeps). Without going into exquisite detail = having a dedicated healer to keep you alive, this set is wasted on stam dps. Only time I can see it is running solo WB’s, VMA, and perhaps Battlegrounds/Cyrodil .

Tank

The set seems well geared for particular type of tanks. In this case, I think ULTIMATELY, paired with Hist Bark (or a healer wearing gossamer?). But since the shuffle nerf, only ONE class has access to a class skill of Major Evasion - So this means that a NB tank with Mirage can rock Tavas Blessing with Nocturnal’s Favor and be incredibly self sustaining.

DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this, I think to myself "Its Sit down and talk about it." And then I groan because that's a pretty masterful pun. :) Well played!

I agree this looks like a good combo with Tava's Blessing for nightblades or medium armor tanking.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk how it would work out but a medium armor stamblade with this and eternal hunt would be fun and very trolly. I don't think the damage output would be great, but it would be fun.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to need to take a minute and stare at that pun in horror.

I know Hist Bark + this set makes for a very scary tank combo on a non-NB. Not sure that's the only option, but, you know.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be worth using with hist bark and deceptive predator on a warden (minor and major evasion).

Is this a crafted set?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Might be worth using with hist bark and deceptive predator on a warden (minor and major evasion).

Is this a crafted set?

Yes.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Idk how it would work out but a medium armor stamblade with this and eternal hunt would be fun and very trolly. I don't think the damage output would be great, but it would be fun.

I’ve thought about using it with Shuffle, but yeah, I think resource builds like Shackle, Bone Pirate, Eternal Hunt, are much better options for Stamblades.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks horrid imo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS keep adding tanking sets for survival and healing without considering that those sets are not in demand. Ebon beats everything stat+survivability wise because it bulls the whole team. Virtually mandatory. Then you have other sets like Torugs and Akaviri which also give you enough survivability as well as give team-wide benefits. So even for an NB tank this seems like a waste of time and effort to obtain.

It appears to me outside a serious tanking role this can be used anywhere without any real effect other than a slight PVP nuisance which for most gets boring fast. Just my 2 cents
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks horrid imo

From my PVP testing, I found it wasn't a terrible heal, but I suffered more sustain issues and I felt it really wasn't worth having for the limited extra healing. If it had more stam bonuses like recovery or Max Stamina I could see it being somewhat useful in the right build. Otherwise I continue to hold that it is too weak in comparison to other options. Nothing new about that though, I mean they introduced a completely useless crafting set that proc's on dismount.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think this is a good NB tank set lol .
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think until ZoS changes the dungeons or trials fights to have trinity focused fight (tanks need to be tanky, healers healing, supports support) then I think sets like this are just pushed aside in favour of group oriented sets like ebon or dragon guard. It of course, an excellent set to pair with hist bark or tava or with nightblade tanks in general.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!