The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to buy a house?

Xenofex
Xenofex
✭✭
Hello,
I have not been playing for many months.
Please tell me how to buy house without having any quests or special achievments or crowns.

Just gold and nothing else. Is it even possible?

Thanks
Flawless Conquer
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to buy with gold there is a prerequisite quest, but it's short and easy. It can be picked up in a bank in any vanilla zone, but has to be finished in the "home" zone for that character. It will reward a free Inn room at the finish, and open the list of purchase homes for you.

Many of the homes have other requirements though, where you have to have completed some achievement or quest in that town before you can buy.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Stabbina
    Stabbina
    ✭✭✭
    When you find a house in ESO, you can enter it in 'preview-mode'.

Once inside, you get purchase options (gold or crownd, furniture or not)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snugpod is a house in Grahtwood that you can buy without having to do a quest first. It's pretty cheap, and close to a lot of really useful things like a wayshrine and stables, guild traders, crafting tables and an Undaunted enclave.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenofex wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have not been playing for many months.
    Please tell me how to buy house without having any quests or special achievments or crowns.

Thanks

You only want to buy a house with gold?

Wow, you have been out of the MMO scene for awhile ...
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the houses can be bought with gold - although some are quite expensive. You can pick up a quest in your starting city, that will give you a small room at an inn to start, completely free. So I would suggest doing this first.

Via the Crown Store you can see all available houses (or you can also see them on the world map). When you click on them to preview you have an option to view purchasing options. Here you can find the different prices both in gold and Crowns.

But as said, start with getting the small room, and then look at which house you want to save gold up for :wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenofex wrote: »
    Yes, it's possible, but understand some homes come with requirements you must complete before you can buy them. If you see any red text in the description, it will tell you what you need to complete to purchase the house.

Furnished homes can only be purchased with Crowns, so if you buy with gold, your house will be mostly empty (a light or two and a stool is about all you'll get).

The "starter" homes, which require a short quest to complete, are free to the player. The quest starter is in the Crown Store and it's free.

Be warned: they're more closets than they are houses.

Edited by Violynne on April 26, 2018 11:33AM
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    There are houses, But they are insanely priced in gold... I bought Moon mirth., That one seems reasonably priced.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Stabbina
    Stabbina
    ✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    There are houses, But they are insanely priced in gold... I bought Moon mirth., That one seems reasonably priced.

Reminds me of real life prices :'(