Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Divine gold is the best gold dye (jewelcrafting dye)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
oejw186zfa9p.png
jwt94tr08frt.png
Top Divine gold, bottom bloodroot gold. Both are flashy but I really hate how orange bloodroot dyes so I think divine gold is the best gold
Edited by Aliyavana on April 25, 2018 2:39AM
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very nice, what is the achievement needed to unlock it (What is required to complete it)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the bottom one :/

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    It is very nice, what is the achievement needed to unlock it (What is required to complete it)

upgrade a jewelery piece from common to legendary
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I prefer the bottom one :/

I prefer the bottom only when its night time, looks too meh in the day imo
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid Gold is the best one on live IMO. This looks promising.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry this is a slight necro, but the info is still relevant for discussion. I was thinking of getting this achievement soon, just a quick question, how many chromium plates does it take to get from purple to gold?

JC is the only bit of crafting I have not fully explored, still a few traits to get and I've not really crafted much in it just because it's so expensive, I've always been tempted to sell my JC mats because they sell so easy and for a lot.

I really like the look of the dye though, and I figured I could just sell the ring/necklace.
    Edited by Neoealth on May 8, 2019 2:52PM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Neoealth It takes four chromium platings. I know it's expensive, but imo worth it for divines gold dye. I just waited until I had a sufficiently high value jewelry master writ so I at least got quite a bit of vouchers for it.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like divine gold also. I use it often.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the set, piece, etc. that you are dying.

Some colors look great on metal and then horrible on silk or so, and viceversa. Some shine on some styles and are pale in others and so.

By the way, most colors look good in that Emperor costume. :)

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Florial
    Florial
    ✭✭✭
    I finally broke down and did this. I enjoy the dye very much.

Only suggestion is to do a writ (if that is the way you are getting the achievement) worth tons of vouchers. I did a 400+ voucher one so it wasn't as painful.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me also, both my toons are decked out in it with red or blue shields and highlights.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On xbox, wyrd green has the best gold appearance on metallic channels, not too cartoon yellow/orange and with a decent light catch hue. Imo, that is - - seems much greener on pc though.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Neoealth It takes four chromium platings. I know it's expensive, but imo worth it for divines gold dye. I just waited until I had a sufficiently high value jewelry master writ so I at least got quite a bit of vouchers for it.

Okay thanks. Have an insightful. Yeah that is expensive, but i agree worth it for the dye, plus i'm bit of a completionist.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grand Overlord's Brass is also nice while not being gold :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the achievement with a 394 voucher writ...
    a) got me the achievement
    b) got me the dye (I have a toon called Chandler Bling.. i needed a good gold dye)
    c) got decent amount of vouchers and with what I already had I bought 3 big storage chests...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is correct.

I use it a bunch myself ...

8SsBjBF.png
  • Jdray
    Jdray
    ✭✭✭
    I dedicated 2 weeks to max out my JC craft to 50 hopping to get the divine gold for my armor only to find out its nearly impossible to get chromium platings let alone dust :( its so expensive i kinda gave up.

I dont understand the jc writ's thing I do the dailies that show up on the board insummerset and ive not seen one chromium anything ive done plenty of them too

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jdray wrote: »
    I dedicated 2 weeks to max out my JC craft to 50 hopping to get the divine gold for my armor only to find out its nearly impossible to get chromium platings let alone dust :( its so expensive i kinda gave up.

I dont understand the jc writ's thing I do the dailies that show up on the board insummerset and ive not seen one chromium anything ive done plenty of them too

It's just bad rng. I've had quite a few drop. Keep doing the writs and you will get some eventually.
  • Jdray
    Jdray
    ✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

It's just bad rng. I've had quite a few drop. Keep doing the writs and you will get some eventually.

hmm whats a "voucher writ" and where does one get it?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess tastes differ

I think divine gold is the most ugly, unrealistic power-rangers-like gold color that is....ugly ugly ugly...would never use that...but seeing as how many people seem to love to color themselves in the most obnoxious neon colors they can find i can understand....
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it on somethings, depends on how much of a contrast I want, I use bloodroot most of the time, using divine as the base gold and bloodroot as the accent gold looks nice as well.

I wish they had as nice a range of reds as they do golds :-(
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some colors are intended to be placed on metal, others for leathers and others for cloth...you can usually easily see that - here is a very good website that shows all the colors on 4 different materials metal-leather-wood-cloth

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dyes-red/

kudos to these guys for the effort
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, it has been my new go-to dye for all ornamentation and filigree for a couple months now. No secondary color to muck things up, just a really amazing yellow tone.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodroot wine dye is clearly straight up orange to me, I find way more colors in the game as better gold colors than bloodroot wine
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

hmm whats a "voucher writ" and where does one get it?

Why do you ask? A writ voucher is the currency you get from completing master writs, and can be spent at the same vendor where you hand in the master writs. He offers ebony/glass style pages among many other things.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adding to my comment above, here you have Divine Gold on a shield. Does it look that great? Nope.

12-Divine-Gold-Wood.jpg?ssl=1

Source: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dyes-mixed/

Edited by Dragonnord on May 8, 2019 7:29PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do your writs require you to create platinum jewelry? I believe you need the first passive in Jewelry Crafting maxed out to have chance at chromium grain from writ reward. For writs that require platinum jewelry, I believe you get a chromium grain 20% of the time. If you are doing lower level jewelry for your writs, I do not think you can get a chromium grain. At the least, chance of chromium grain is much, much lower than 20%.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Divine Gold as trim on my outfit and it goes with the Luminous Indrik very nicely.

lEccKrG.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Adding to my comment above, here you have Divine Gold on a shield. Does it look that great? Nope.

You’re cherry picking one example to support your argument, @Dragonnord ... when it’s a texture from the base game in 2014?

Not a very good way to support your argument.

Sure, some shields don’t look good with with a metallic dye applied ... what other breaking news do you have?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

You’re cherry picking one example to support your argument, @Dragonnord ... when it’s a texture from the base game in 2014?

Not a very good way to support your argument.

Sure, some shields don’t look good with with a metallic dye applied ... what other breaking news do you have?

No more. Just read my first comment and deal with It, even if you don't like it, because that's how things are. :)