The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do any PC users use Avira Game Booster?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
I've installed this earlier today and its made a big difference to my game. Mostly positive I think - my addons have vanished from the game even though they are in the addon folder! Anyone else had this problem and if so - how did you fix it?
Edited by Bam_Bam on April 24, 2018 9:51PM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some other info about this. I have Minion installed and all addons are update.

I also have out of date addons ALLOWED. I have tried both allowed and not allowed and the ystill aren't showing after reloading the UI
    Edited by Bam_Bam on April 24, 2018 9:53PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to why Avira disables your addons I don't know, maybe there is a way to add them to an exceptions list or something.

I doubt that a game booster program will ever help anyone positively. One must have a really clogged up system for this to be noticeable imo. All they do is disable some processes to free up some ram and less cpu management.

Have you tried not running Avira and not running addons see if that made the game run better? I run as few addons as possible because I think they make the game run worse the more you have active. And only activate them when I need them.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    As to why Avira disables your addons I don't know, maybe there is a way to add them to an exceptions list or something.

I doubt that a game booster program will ever help anyone positively. One must have a really clogged up system for this to be noticeable imo. All they do is disable some processes to free up some ram and less cpu management.

Have you tried not running Avira and not running addons see if that made the game run better? I run as few addons as possible because I think they make the game run worse the more you have active. And only activate them when I need them.

Hi. My game actually runs really well (even with AddOns, and even in Cyrodiil). I just wanted to try and squeeze even more performance from the game.

With regards to AddOns, I'll use Minin for AddOn management and I'll only run AddOns that are patched and upto date. AddOn's that don't perform well and lower perfomance are either diabled (in PvP) - i.e. Master Merchant, or have been uninstalled i.e. FTC.

As I'm writing this, I've been contacted by Avira who are investigating and I'll pst their results here if I think it will help.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use minion, but does it require minion to be running to make the addons work? If so maybe Avira block minion.
    PC EU/NA
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the only thing Minion does is download and update the add-ons. It’s not required to be running to play the game.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons can degrade performance, so anything that makes your addons go away may make the game perform better.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Addons can degrade performance, so anything that makes your addons go away may make the game perform better.

That’s kinda the “brute force” method of improving game performance. I think that Avira probably shouldn’t mess with things that provide functionality in the game unless it’s done so by the user. Of course, that might be an option that’s being overlooked.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He already said he does not feel a impact from using the addons he use.

I don't know how addons work, might be Avira is blocking some process that is being run in order for the addons to be executed in game.
    PC EU/NA