The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Free For All" Game mode in BGs?

Abstraqt
Abstraqt
✭✭✭
Can we have some sort of FFA game mode, 12 people, first to 30 kills or something?

The main issue I forsee would be sorcs and nightblades coming in at the last second and stealing kills but I really do believe Bgs are missing something like this.

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also would be great if the map was the size of cyrodiil and gradually shrinks to the size of an IC district.

Everyone spawns in by jumping out of a blimp with no gear, and has to be crafted as the match goes on.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the idea is cool, but it would likely turn out to just be a giant cluster of players spamming AOE in the hopes of getting killing blows. Also there would be absolutely no point in having any kind of support build for this game type.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    I think the idea is cool, but it would likely turn out to just be a giant cluster of players spamming AOE in the hopes of getting killing blows. Also there would be absolutely no point in having any kind of support build for this game type.

I think to tackle that the map would have to be bigger and the kills would have to scale on damage done not just whoever got the last hit, perhaps it shouldn't just be a race to X amount of kills it should be the first to get X amount of points, you get 5 points for an assist, 7 points for a killing blow etc.

As for the support builds...meh there's things like maelstrom where they aren't useful so I'm sure they'll deal with it, and with the changes to the bg queues they just make sure they queue for a game mode which can utilise them.

I'd argue that support builds aren't needed in bgs at all, all of the game modes are tailored around getting kills anyway
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Also would be great if the map was the size of cyrodiil and gradually shrinks to the size of an IC district.

Everyone spawns in by jumping out of a blimp with no gear, and has to be crafted as the match goes on.

ESO battle royale would be so bad