The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any way that's quick to raise the Assault skill line?

BozzyTheDrummer
BozzyTheDrummer
✭✭✭✭
Still learning the ropes of PvP. I am trying to level up my Assault skill line to get Caltrops. My Assault rank is currently at 5 (literally more than 3/4 of the way to 6). Was playing in Cyrodiil last night to hopefully raise it up to 6 and unlock Caltrops before I had to log off for the night. I'm in DC on Xbox NA and in the Shor 7 day standard. When trying to take/defend keeps, EP seemed to outnumber us and wipe us out. I'm only cp211 so I'm not able to do as much damage as all the other cp720's out there, but I'm not going out without a fight lol. Anyway, I was trying to do all I could, killing enemy players, helping out defending/taking keeps and outposts. Nothing seemed to increase it very much. I read that questing helps give alliance points to help increase your PvP skill lines, but lately, as I am learning, I am trying not to be that guy that is questing while everyone else is pushing. The questing seemed to increase it a little bit faster, but after a few quests, I logged off for the night because it was taking too long.

Is there any quicker way to increase the Assault skill line, or is what I am doing pretty much the only way and it takes longer the higher the skill gets? Cause that's what it's feeling like to me lol

P.S. If you see me in Cyrodiil on the Xbox NA servers, I may die a lot and not do as much damage as everyone else, but I am trying to contribute as much as I can to help the DC alliance with this character!
Edited by BozzyTheDrummer on April 24, 2018 3:59PM
Xbox NA
CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Tevnar
    Tevnar
    ✭✭
    Join a good group, run with them for a while. You'll score more AP grouped up then solo.

Sometimes, when the fight is going against you you will have a tough time scoring AP. But other times, when your Alliance has momentum, you'll go on a roll and rake in the points.

• BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevnar wrote: »
    Join a good group, run with them for a while. You'll score more AP grouped up then solo.

Sometimes, when the fight is going against you you will have a tough time scoring AP. But other times, when your Alliance has momentum, you'll go on a roll and rake in the points.

Cool, I will try grouping up with people then. I think the only reason I haven't done so yet, is that I'm not that great at PvP and don't want to look like the noon of the group that people have to keep reviving lol
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• Tevnar
    Tevnar
    ✭✭
    Don't worry too much about it, most people in a PUG (Pick-Up Group) are not expecting everyone to be an elite player. Just be sure to stick close to the group leader and follow their instructions. Everything else you can learn as you go along.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerg surf aiming to grab o-ticks, unless you're a grognard pvper. Ironically the best time is just after your faction has gotten double teamed. You can get a lot really fast taking everything back.

Bonus points if you're AD in vivec. The faction is bad at keeping its resources yellow so you can get a lot by just porting around capping them back.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam mutagen in group fights.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get in a pvdoor group
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are a good way to level up, as well. Having no cp's takes some getting used to, but you earn a guaranteed 7k AP even in a loss, just for 5 to 15 minutes of your time.
    If battlegrounds aren't your thing, I'd agree with others and just zerg surf for a few hours.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restroom staff and spam heals in a group taking keeps ... You will get bonus ap for the heals

Edit ... Try a restro staff too ... There not as shi££y as the restroom ones
    Edited by SugaComa on April 27, 2018 12:20PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Restroom staff and spam heals

I find people don't appreciate it when I spam with my restroom staff.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds. I wouldnt even waste my time with horse simulator online. You can level alliance war skills in a couple of hours to 5 in BGS and you can do other things while you wait on that 2 min queue.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Battlegrounds are a good way to level up, as well. Having no cp's takes some getting used to, but you earn a guaranteed 7k AP even in a loss, just for 5 to 15 minutes of your time.
    If battlegrounds aren't your thing, I'd agree with others and just zerg surf for a few hours.

I am going to give Battlegrounds a try. I have yet to try it out.

I guess I may have bead luck lately with zerging in groups. I pop open the chat when people are saying where to go, then I get there, and we have already taken the keep, so I hop into the zone chat to see whats next and it gets stale and no one answers lol, then I see conflict on the map, so i make my way there and once again, by the time I am there, it's done. However, with that being said, I have noticed that the server I am on and the alliance I am in, seems to be more active in the mornings rather than at night, which I can only play at night during the week.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds. I wouldnt even waste my time with horse simulator online. You can level alliance war skills in a couple of hours to 5 in BGS and you can do other things while you wait on that 2 min queue.

I literally laughed out loud when I read horse simulator online lmao, yea I am going to try out battlegrounds when I get home tonight.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Restroom staff and spam heals in a group taking keeps ... You will get bonus ap for the heals

Edit ... Try a restro staff too ... There not as shi££y as the restroom ones

damn, I was really looking forward to trying out a restroom staff lol

I have actually started sapmming heals in groups, as I am usually a lower level than most around me so my attacks aren't doing the same as the other players, so I go in healing.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+