The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jorvuld's Guidance or Worm's Raiment with SPC?

Shanjijri
Shanjijri
✭✭✭✭
Jorvuld's Guidance: increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.
Worm's Raiment: reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 4% for you and up to 11 other group members within 28 meters of you.

I know there are other sets, but I'm wondering which one between these two I would wear for dungeons (and trials, but it depends on what the other healer wears). Which one do you prefer?

Jorvuld's Guidance or Worm's Raiment with SPC? 62 votes

Jorvuld's Guidance
77%
nihoumab14_ESOIruil_ESOfioskals7732425ub17_ESOstreetmagicThanatosXRhighkingnmReckyZakylewwefanRunefangTasearRehdaunOrdinatorInMourningTrinity_Is_My_NameSilverIce58KappaKid83ChickenSuckersharquezobjectmanipSlycology 48 votes
Worm's Raiment
22%
HanokihsTanis-StormbinderReverbMilwaukeeScottMarabornwingrionwaitwhatjaws343El_BorrachoZymcioC0pp3rMuSE_nr1AnakhaMartiniDanielsShabutti 14 votes
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    I wouldn't use Worm apart from very few situations. It only really works when you have a lot of magicka-DDs and even then there is no real point in using it if they can sustain fine without it. I guess you can wear it if magicka steal uptime and synergies are lackluster.
    Simply because worm is very weak to useless in most fights I would go Jorvulds. Jorvulds in it's self isn't crazy strong, but it always works and gives you a lot of flexibility. You can play it with a Master/Asylum Restro or Monsterset depending on what you need.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    worm now only rarely gets used in trials and even has less benefit in dungeons. most magicka dd's sustain is fine without it, so you can buff your group better or debuff enemies better with sets like mending or jorvulds.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on several things. Firstly, how many magicka DDs do you have in the group? The usefulness of worm decreases for every stamina DD you have.

Jorvuld's on the other hand is good for trials where you are using mostly stamina DDs.

In a dungeon I wouldn't use either though, I think Master Architect is better.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm's Raiment
    Worm should be present on one healer for all trials. It doesn't just help out the DPS. It helps out the tank. DK skills are very expensive and Worm really helps with DK sustain. For the magicka DPS, of which there will always be at least four in a trial, Worm represents a DPS boost, as it removes all sustain issues from the magDPS. Just because someone can sustain just fine on a 3mil dummy parse doesn't mean they won't benefit substantially in DPS output by having 4 percent cost reduction. Worm's importance--and deserved prominence--as a healer set in trials cannot be overstated.

Jorvuld's is a great 4-person-content healer set, and will replace Twilight Remedy as such with the addition of the Acceleration skill to the magicka DPS toolkit.

However, in trials Jorvulds is a bad idea if both healers are templars, because the non-Jorvuld-wearing templar will simply overwrite the duration of most of the buffs provided by the Jorvuld healer. It might be worth wearing on a warden healer opposite a templar, such that the majority of buffs applied by the warden are not overwritten.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Worm should be present on one healer for all trials. It doesn't just help out the DPS. It helps out the tank. DK skills are very expensive and Worm really helps with DK sustain. For the magicka DPS, of which there will always be at least four in a trial, Worm represents a DPS boost, as it removes all sustain issues from the magDPS. Just because someone can sustain just fine on a 3mil dummy parse doesn't mean they won't benefit substantially in DPS output by having 4 percent cost reduction. Worm's importance--and deserved prominence--as a healer set in trials cannot be overstated.

Jorvuld's is a great 4-person-content healer set, and will replace Twilight Remedy as such with the addition of the Acceleration skill to the magicka DPS toolkit.

However, in trials Jorvulds is a bad idea if both healers are templars, because the non-Jorvuld-wearing templar will simply overwrite the duration of most of the buffs provided by the Jorvuld healer. It might be worth wearing on a warden healer opposite a templar, such that the majority of buffs applied by the warden are not overwritten.

I hear what you're saying and I agree Worm is a useful set in Trials. Let's look at Jorvuld's and the kinds of buffs it would boost. Combat Prayer's minor buffs are extended from 8 to over 11 seconds. Aggressive War Horn lasts 42 seconds (instead of 30) and the major force buff is extended from 9.5 to 13.3 seconds. In a competitive raid group, these extended buffs are really valuable, possibly even more valuable than Worm's Raiment.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance

Jorvulds is mainly used for Warhorn, so that doesn't really matter.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    Jorvuld's Guidance: increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.
    Worm's Raiment: reduces the cost of your Magicka abilities by 4% for you and up to 11 other group members within 28 meters of you.

I know there are other sets, but I'm wondering which one between these two I would wear for dungeons (and trials, but it depends on what the other healer wears). Which one do you prefer?

I use Jorvuld's in AvA for the extra 30 seconds on gallop then switch to SPC.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    I don't use Worm at all these days. To me it just doesn't do enough for the group.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use Worm at all these days. To me it just doesn't do enough for the group.

This is a necro post. Do you really think 4 more seconds on minor berzerk and major force is better then 4% magic cost reduction for the group that is up all the time?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 26, 2019 4:21PM
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    Jorvuld’s, but would pair it with Olorime as opposed to SPC. Other than in some exceptional situations, Olorime has better uptimes than SPC.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm's Raiment
    highkingnm wrote: »
    Jorvuld’s, but would pair it with Olorime as opposed to SPC. Other than in some exceptional situations, Olorime has better uptimes than SPC.

Lol, there were no Olorime when this thread was created :D
    If you are not in Hodor/Valor etc, I think worm is better. 4 seconds of major force is nothing if your dps are without resources.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance

This isn't true. Minor skills only affect 6 allies unless they lose health you will apply combat prayer to same people. Major buffs apply to 12 in cases like war horn only one will be in play at a time so so no overlap.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    Such an old thread... and I still haven't found my second Jorvuld's ring. :'(
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    highkingnm wrote: »

As someone said, when I created the post, Olorime didn't exist.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Jorvuld's Guidance
    I wear Naga Shaman 5 HEAVY+Sanctuary 2light,3 jewelry, endgame content is full of insta kills with higher damage in everyone but the tanks. I just copied my captain playstyle to my Templar, worked out better then expected. Because I was a cappie (https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Captain) for years, learned quite abit about managing groups and sustaining resources
    https://youtu.be/X_cEMkmLNzU

If anything I need more bubbles
    Edited by ThanatosXR on April 27, 2019 10:11AM