The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Preferred Sets for PvP

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I have a bunch of alts freshly hit champion rank. As my existing CP alts cover DPS/Tank/Healer for PvE I thought I would use these others to experiment with PvP builds.

I have every class and Magicka and Stamina based versions of each.

Sets that are popular change over time as attributes are buffed and nerfed. Not to mention I expect it may change again once Summerset / Update 18 comes out.

What are the preferred sets for playing PvP currently? Is impenetrable still the go to attribute or does it depend. I imagine something like a Magicka Sorc can get better damage / sustain using infused or divines and the expense of making them vulnerable to being ganked in a few hits by max critical Nightblades.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • CO_Gibbs
    CO_Gibbs
    ✭✭
    I go with 5 inpen 2 well fitted on all my pvp builds.
    Remember your Crit resist will go down with scaling in BGs. I have ~1600 in BGs and I want to say almost 3k outside with CP.
    You can't do much damage when you're dead, and Crit resist keeps you alive.
    PC NA. 'Gibbs - G'ibbs - Gibbs'
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I go with 5 inpen 2 well fitted on all my pvp builds.
    Remember your Crit resist will go down with scaling in BGs. I have ~1600 in BGs and I want to say almost 3k outside with CP.
    You can't do much damage when you're dead, and Crit resist keeps you alive.

It doesn’t go down because of “scaling” in BGs, it’s lower because you lose all your points from the resistant star
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    What are the preferred sets for playing PvP currently?
    I'm not listing tanking and healing sets, as I have no experience with those.

Crafted
    Shacklebreaker (most all round useful PvP set)
    Clever Alchemist (though nerfed, can no longer activate outside of combat)
    Mechanical Acuity
    Fortified Brass
    Innate Axiom
    Seducer
    Eternal Hunt (archetypical stamblade set)
    Torug's Pact (with Oblivion enchants and Knight Slayer, if you are so inclined)
    Pelinal's Aptitude (hybrids ... watch Kristofer ESO on YouTube)

Every Weight
    Imperial Physique
    Impregnable (nice defense against stamblades in CP, or allows you to use non-Impen traits)

Weapon
    Willpower
    Agility
    Asylum 2H (massive ulti gen)
    Asylum destro staff
    Master Bow
    ... probably others

Monster
    Blood Spawn
    Pirate Skeleton (though not so much on sorc anymore)
    1x Domihaus
    Velidreth
    Selene
    Zaan
    Skoria
    Troll King
    Shadowrend (counts as a pet for Necropotence, high uptime)
    Infernal Guardian
    Slimecraw
    Thurvokun

Light
    Amber Plasm
    Necropotence
    War Maiden
    Wizard's Riposte
    Transmutation
    Bloodthorn
    Spinner
    Lich
    Desert Rose
    Overwhelming Surge
    Alteration Mastery
    Caluurion's Legacy
    Vicious Death (NB bomb build)
    Skooma Smuggler (personal favorite - I might be the only one)
    Spell Power Cure
    Knight Slayer

Medium
    Spriggan
    Bone Pirate
    Draugr Hulk
    Senche's Bite
    Werewolf Hide (ulti gen)
    Shield Breaker
    Barkskin
    Marksman
    Morag Tong
    Plague Slinger
    Viper (now a DOT, so for DOT builds)
    Trappings of Invigoration
    Sheer Venom
    Automaton

Heavy
    Fury (1vX)
    7th Legion
    Ravager (procs well for stamplar only)
    Armor of Truth
    Veiled Heritance
    Reactive Armor
    Durok's Bane
    Elf Bane (with Zaan)
    Meridia's Blessed Armor (for 1v1)
    Soulshine (templars)
    Thunderbug (if you are either very clever or you don't know what you're doing)
    Wyrd Tree (automatically cleanses effects)
    Is impenetrable still the go to attribute or does it depend. I imagine something like a Magicka Sorc can get better damage / sustain using infused or divines and the expense of making them vulnerable to being ganked in a few hits by max critical Nightblades.
    Impenetrable is still the default choice. Some people choose to use up to half Well-Fitted, because they prefer a roll dodging playstyle. Some builds may use Sturdy, for example mag DKs. I think magsorcs can get away with not wearing impen, but they are probably the only class. If you were wearing Twice Born Star, as mag sorc, you might go Divines. If you were wearing Necropotence you might go Infused, just to push that magickca pool - and thus your shields - as far as you can.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Nice topic! :) Following!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that is a very long list. A fair few combinations will result in similar stats. If you watch YouTube a lot you'll find some people have their favorites. Blobsky will always recommend Bloodthorn for the stam regen while blocking. Kodi will recommend anything and everything that generates ultimate (I left Tava's off the list, since Shuffle is now limited to medium builds, and many people who used Tava's seemed to run heavy), and Kristofer ESO uses Slimecraw a lot.

I play a lot of magicka these days, where my go to sets include Shacklebreaker, Amber Plasm, Necropotence, Wizard's Riposte, and Skooma Smuggler. If you are a light armor build, and you need some more defenses, think of Riposte and Pirate Skeleton or Blood Spawn. If you are a staff or 2H build, and you are wearing Shacklebreaker, or in any other situation where you might not be able to fit a 2x monster set, think of 1x Domihaus. If you want to boss farm in Imperial City, think of Imperial Physique. If you don't feel tanky enough in medium, but want to retain Shuffle, think of Fortified Brass or Impregnable. Something like 1x Chudan and 1x Pirate Skeleton may also work.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some more notes maybe:

Fury is slow to build, and the weapon damage will collapse if you are not attacked. Highest weapon damage set, but only shines in outnumbered situations.

7th Legion was OP, as the heal from it had no cooldown. Now it's more in line with other sets.

If you still remember Black Rose, forget it. Constitution passive was heavily nerfed long ago.

Ravager apparently procs well from Jabs and Jabs alone.

Truth requires you to think about off balance. Seemed popular for a while.

My Thunderbug comment means that whenever I see this set open world, it's been an easy kill, but I met one guy in a duel who really made it work. He was wearing another obscure lightning set as well, Jolting Arms maybe.

Wyrd Tree has a 15 sec cooldown, but it's a 5-effect cleanse, like Extended Ritual.

Senche is something you might want on your bow bar, basically.

Wear Overwhelming Surge, if you're tired of NBs. Flushes them out of stealth, like sorc's Lightning Form.