Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is reloadui changed?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
reloadui has always been horribly slow on my system but i was able to use it without the need of login again, but since this morning i found out that it severely changed. now when i type "/reloadui" instead on the usual insanely slow reload i always get instantly removed from the game to the login menu. i know that it ends up doing the same of the old reloadui but now it takes even more time. is this something new or a bug?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forget this.

i just found out that this problem is caused by Master Merchant.

looks like i'm no longer able to use Master Merchant until it gets updated.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...works fine with my Master Merchant (and mines outdated).

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...works fine with my Master Merchant (and mines outdated).

well... here it's impossible to use now :(

in the last hour i've been doing lots and lots of tests and now i'm not even able to launch the game using MM.

atm i only have MM installed, i have no other addon now, and i'm unable to start the game.

i still can login and select one character, but it just stays loading for a long time and then i get moved to the login menu.

the last time i was able to enter in the game i used /mm clean and /mm dups, and the files are ok.

i also tried to use my MM files from last week but it didn't help. the only way to enter the game is by removing the MM addon :(

the funny thing is that i just noticed that without MM i completely lost the interest in the game. so, i'm continue to try to solve this or most probably i'll just stop playing this game until a new MM update.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    /reloadui, not "reloadui"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just clear your MM data.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeKryXe: this will solve your MM issue
    If you're running Master Merchant, the issue is that Master Merchant is trying to load its data at the same time the world is loading. This causes you to take a long time to load, to the point where you essentially time out.

There is an option to delay initialization in Mater Merchant, but since you're already stalling out, it takes a little more work to turn it on. You'll need to remove your MM data files from your Saved Variables, load in the game, turn on delay initialization, load out of the game, and then replace your data files.

If you aren't running Mater Merchant, please post what add-ons you have, as it will help us help you better. :wink:

Edit to add: you can also turn on Delay initialization without moving your data files by opening the main MM saved Variable file and searching for "delay init". Change the value to "true". I can't stress enough that you must be fully logged out of the game when you do this, though. Because the game writes to your Saved variables upon reload/logout, if you're in the game the edit will get written over.
    Edited by sylviermoone on April 24, 2018 5:33AM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    /reloadui, not "reloadui"

yeah. i know. obviously. otherwise it would just appear in the chat and it would be even stranger if i get removed from the gale just for writing reloadui :) (i thought that it was obvious)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    forget this.

Master Merchant needs to be set to delay initialization or it causes issues.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just clear your MM data.

that would be the same of not having MM :)

today i was able to launch a few characters without any problem. i didn't change anything but somehow MM worked today. i only needed to loging for 2 or 3 times today. maybe it's getting better. at least i can play again with MM, but it takes a lot of time to start the game with MM.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    forget this.

what's that? i'm going to check it :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post 7 has the instructions to get in the game with MM running, if needed so you can change the setting, then put your files back

Also, while tinkering around in there, set the scan rates out as far as they go. You really don't need to know 30 seconds after something sells, a few minutes is good enough. I also stopped my MM from posting sales results to chat, that really helps with the slide show that always occurred 3 minutes after character load (and about the middle of my first fight)
    Edited by Nestor on April 24, 2018 11:33PM

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forget this.

ok. i found it. it was off.

thanks for the tip. i hope this helps. i'll let you know ;)
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have MM but don't run it except for once or twice/week, so I don't have that problem... It assists in commerce only and only bogs down my system otherwise...
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forget this.

i can confirm that setting on the delay initialization solved all my character launch problem an i'm now even able to use "/reloadui" again. so... i thank you very much for the help ;)

but the game is now unplayable during about 5 minutes after i start with a character and i'm no longer receiving any sales report on the game start. is this normal?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but the game is now unplayable during about 5 minutes after i start with a character and i'm no longer receiving any sales report on the game start. is this normal?

That is the delay thing.

As for being unplayable, did you tell MM to stop sending you sales updates? That should stop the slide show that occurs soon after launch as it scans all guild sales and prepares the texts for feeding to your chat.

Which by the way you don't need as all you have to do is Hotkey the MM window, and you can see your sales when ever you want from there.

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the delay thing.

As for being unplayable, did you tell MM to stop sending you sales updates? That should stop the slide show that occurs soon after launch as it scans all guild sales and prepares the texts for feeding to your chat.

Which by the way you don't need as all you have to do is Hotkey the MM window, and you can see your sales when ever you want from there.

i just noticed that the report appears about 20 min after i start playing. but i'm going to check that hotkey option :)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to believe that most probably I no longer have the minimum system requirements to run Master Merchant.

In fact setting the delay initialization on completely solved my problems to access the game. I've been able to start the game and change characters with no problem at all. But MM is still causing a lot of trouble during the first half hour of play and mostly the first 5 minutes of starting each character.

When I start one character I get one message saying: "Master Merchant Initializing..." - my ping goes 999+ and during about 1 minute the game runs at 0 to 9 fps (mostly 0), then in the following 4 to 5 minutes it runs at 10 to 30 fps with lots and lots of breaks. after that i get another message: "Master Merchant Initialized -- Holding information on 362717 sales." - the ping goes again to about 400 for a few seconds and then it drops below 100. From this point I'm able to play above 30 fps with the view distance below 10 and after 20 to 30 minutes I can play at 60 fps above 20 of view distance.

Disabling MM I get to start immediately at 60 fps with the view distance above 20.

This game needs urgently a built in feature like MM. It's ridiculous that we need an addon for such a basic need in a MMO with an economy system. Really, really ridiculous.