The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Added Value to ESO Plus

ArcVelarian
ArcVelarian
✭✭✭✭✭
As it stands there is barely any reason to get ESO plus. Frankly, this is the way I would rather see people support the game and from an economic standpoint, it's much more stable than relying on those vapid players attracted by the Buy-To-Play model. What additional perks would you like to see in return for your subscription?

Personally:
- Up to five complementary outfit slots.
- Appropriate mobs drop motif chapters that would otherwise be in crown crates (Worm Cultists drop Worm Cult Style Chapters, Maomer drop Maomer Style Chapters, etc).
- 15% off all "Chapter" Expansions.
- Unlimited furnishing slots.
Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the furnishing slots but I don't see the rest happening any time soon, or ever for that matter.
  • XHawkWingX
    XHawkWingX
    ✭✭✭
    Including the Imperial DLC with ESO+ would be awesome but I don't see how they could remove it if you stopped subbing so I don't see that happening.
    Xbox1-NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ = crafting bag. That's THE big perk.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it elsewhere, but ESO Plus is about the only thing of value that ZOS is selling, outside of the base game. Everything else is simply too expensive, IMHO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TiredKhajiit
    TiredKhajiit
    ✭✭
    I honestly really dislike the model of having to pay for perks and such outside of the initial cost of the game. I don't mind paying for large expansions and such, but I really dislike paying for mounts, loot crates, new areas, etc.

The only problem is, I love the game and really want to get the most out of it, so I'm tempted to buy ESO plus anyway :P
    "M'aiq is tired now. Go bother somebody else."
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Bills have to get paid, the game needs to run at a profit once all overhead and development costs have been absorbed.

Running a game company is not cheap, millions each year just in overhead. ESO+ helps keep the doors open, helps pay a developers salary. I prefer the company remain solvent and profitable or everything I have invested so far time/money will go poof as the servers shut down and no new development happens.

Can they offer more to the ESO+ members and incentivize new subscribers? sure, costs them very little to do so.

Edited by Algraxa on April 27, 2018 6:49AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands there is barely any reason to get ESO plus. Frankly, this is the way I would rather see people support the game and from an economic standpoint, it's much more stable than relying on those vapid players attracted by the Buy-To-Play model. What additional perks would you like to see in return for your subscription?

Personally:
    - Up to five complementary outfit slots.
    - Appropriate mobs drop motif chapters that would otherwise be in crown crates (Worm Cultists drop Worm Cult Style Chapters, Maomer drop Maomer Style Chapters, etc).
    - 15% off all "Chapter" Expansions.
    - Unlimited furnishing slots.

Real solution:

-Access to all Chapters and DLC while active
    -choice of 1500 crowns or token(s) of choice (all existing tokens current and future)
    -leave existing benefits as is

While people do express interest in more, it means nothing if a company can't stand by its original statements. Perhaps its why there are so many expression of players wanting more to feel value.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Powder_ESO
    Powder_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    $17.99 CAD per month to not have to waste time managing crafting inventory is worth every penny IMO. Access to all DLC is a bonus and approx $15 worth of crowns per month is just a little icing on the cake. To me it seems like a no-brainer to sub as it is.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More hosing slots should be added for both subs and non subs.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    A sub costs about the same as Netflix and I play the game a lot more than I watch Netflix so it is easily worth the few dollars a month for the extra convenience it adds.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Craft bag is amazing, but someone mentioned the ability to fast travel for free for subscribers. Sounds good to me.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    the eso + i sub for the many benefits , if they want more to sub its a no brainer , increase the 10% xp gain to 20% , how many sub then . can even go further , every day you login you get 1 crown crate a month .

after all if they want you to buy items from crown store they have to tease you with some offerings .

the possibalitys are endless
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave ESO+ as is. It is sufficiently beneficial and is a good revenue stream.

If you can't afford it, you probably have bigger problems than worrying about what freebies you're getting in an online game.