The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maormer fish skin [datamine] please sell for crowns

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
Ever since I first played on Xbox launch I had a high elf who is my pseudo half maormer character (roleplay)

I just looked at the datamine and saw this fish scales maormer skin and i fell in love please just sell it for straight crowns in the store i cant afford the crate rng if it costs gems....

Unless you let me sell crate mounts and costumes I never wanted and never use I might not be able to get this wonderful skin and it breaks my heart :( please devs just grant this one little request I'm still waiting on treasure hunter outfit to return or old crown crate items from first year......

Best Answer

• LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'm wondering why the skin has a golden tone, rather than being the super pale white that the Maormers in the game have? I'd like a skin that looks like the Maormer NPCs in the game.

I think they used plain male female altmer for screenshot with skin on so it's prolly just their normal yellow skin plus the scales....

We won't know for sure until the crates are in store and we can preview them (unless pts test server gets a preview vid)

But I'm confident it won't turn you yellow I mean just think of yellow orcs or argonians lol....
    Answer ✓
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you get your wish but since the Maormer motif is locked behind the crates (and split into pages as well) I'm guessing the skin will go in crates too.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be saving all gems I get from the free crates we get this week and pray the skin costs "only" 100 gems (like the current zombie skin) since it's not flashy enough to be an apex reward. I'd still prefer to buy it directly though.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    What's this week's free crates ? Like how to earn?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's this week's free crates ? Like how to earn?

ESO+ login rewards, I think
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    I had 260 I bought the zombie skin fingers crossed it "drops" it or an apex mount repeatedly an makes gems rain on my account I wish they were 6 free psijiic crates
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see what this will look like on Argonians and Khajiit if they can use it that is...
    I may want it depending on the price...
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad these 6 free crates are scalecaller not psijiic though if I get doubles that means gems.....sigh fingers crossed on good gem value drops...
    6 back to back identical apex mounts jokes
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a half-Maormer character, too. (Who mysteriously has passives identical to full-blooded Altmers. LOL.)

If I say I like this Maormer skin, though, they'll just raise the price on it. They've done that before whenever people admitted they liked something that was datamined. They'll do it again. We get punished for saying that we like something. :/

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 24, 2018 6:34AM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’ll be in crates.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    See I bought zombie personality on a whim when it was in store then saw skin so I bought that with gems happily they totes go together and I noticed zombie skin you can faintly see tattoos/body marks on....

So I'm wondering if it will be same for maormer skin and if it is also diluted with vampirisim like normal makeup bodymarks etc.... if it is...

High elf, white/silver hair, blind Oracle eyes (facial hair adornment) plus vampirisim and possibly sorc class. (They love their storm /sea magic) bam new roleplay character achieved

Seriously a bunch of ppl want to buy things but rng boxes push away a lot of ppl.

I'm still pissed they haven't brought back treasure hunter outfit to store and I missed the 10million stories event....

It's all cosmetics it has no gameplay advantage other than letting us roleplayers immerse ourselves deeper in this beautiful game.....

I'm still mad about first 2 crate seasons they had I missed stuff in those as well and they may never return all those wonderful knick knacks to us who missed them the first time.

I'm conflicted in this game on the mentality it's like you want us to pay money to support it then lock content behind walls when we couldn't afford the game over real life then when we get money we can't buy things we want....

Ps I still wish i could murder my skeleton mounts and rearguard gala dress into gems cause I never wanted that trash and I'd rather get the gems from them seriously make that a feature or something.

Sigh I'm just ancy excited for summerset, psyched over crown store items and depressed knowing I will miss out on things I want because between $ I can spend and rng rates I know the odds of my budget getting me all the cosmetics I want are next to nil....
    Heck your lucky if you buy 15 crates and get matching body/face tats
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why the skin has a golden tone, rather than being the super pale white that the Maormers in the game have? I'd like a skin that looks like the Maormer NPCs in the game.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have a half-Maormer character, too. (Who mysteriously has passives identical to full-blooded Altmers. LOL.)

If I say I like this Maormer skin, though, they'll just raise the price on it. They've done that before whenever people admitted they liked something that was datamined. They'll do it again. We get punished for saying that we like something. :/

Boat house anyone?
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    High elf, white/silver hair, blind Oracle eyes (facial hair adornment) plus vampirisim and possibly sorc class. (They love their storm /sea magic) bam new roleplay character achieved

I actually have an alt just like this. Except I went with the darkest hair possible (because we still can't have Altmer with black hair)

PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I have two characters I made to look Maormer, also using white haired Altmer vampire sorcerers with oracle eyes. I'm glad the Fish Skin isn't going to be in the crates, but I really hope the final product makes you look properly pale, and doesn't just give you shiny scale markings.
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    I hope it doesn't hide vampirism
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    RouDantes wrote: »
    I have two characters I made to look Maormer, also using white haired Altmer vampire sorcerers with oracle eyes. I'm glad the Fish Skin isn't going to be in the crates, but I really hope the final product makes you look properly pale, and doesn't just give you shiny scale markings.

I did the same thing but I fear the skin might hide pale vampire skin since all skins do it. Also the elves in the datamined picture still have an altmer skin tone.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer