The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some help! 2nd Xbox and 2nd ESO account.

Hammy01
Hammy01
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

So I am thinking of upgrading my ancient Xbox one to a Xbox one X and then using my old xbox one for a 2nd Eso account so my wife and I can play together. However I am not sure exactly how to set it all up. I plan on paying for a 2nd Eso game (Summerset packages for both) and two Eso plus accounts. Will I need two Xbox Live accounts or can I set up a sub account (both with different account names) under my main Xbox Live account. Can I pay for both my Eso accounts with the same credit cards and use the same email for both accounts?

TLDR; I want to be able to play side by side with my wife in ESO by adding a 2nd Xbox, ESO account to our household so that we can play all the ESO content and both have ESO Plus. What is the fastest and easiest way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

PS. I realize Gina and Jessica are probably not the correct people to answer my questions but perhaps they can direct someone to my post that can help!
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    You can couple 2 Xboxes together, setting up with Xbox Home settings (google it, you'll find it), allowing both to play all digitally purchased games and xbox store bought dlc together on 2 Xboxes for free.

However, things you buy in the crownstore are not shared between shared xbox accounts, or even geographical servers (USA or EU). This is really stupid from ZOS, since that is the way Xbox itself has been setup...but yeah...what can you do... So any DLC bought in the crownstore that you want to play on the second Xbox, you need to buy AGAIN on the second account.

You might want to pickup Elder Scrolls Online Gold (4 included older DLC's) for really cheap (20 dollars) somewhere for the second Xbox. And buy the newer DLC's you want separately.

Also, any (new) DLC / chapters that you buy via the Xbox store (and not the crown store!!) are shared across the Xbox Home shared accounts.
    Edited by Excaltic on April 24, 2018 12:29AM
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »
    You can couple 2 Xboxes together, setting up with Xbox Home settings (google it, you'll find it), allowing both to play all digitally purchased games and xbox store bought dlc together on 2 Xboxes for free.

However, things you buy in the crownstore are not shared between shared xbox accounts, or even geographical servers (USA or EU). This is really stupid from ZOS, since that is the way Xbox itself has been setup...but yeah...what can you do... So any DLC bought in the crownstore that you want to play on the second Xbox, you need to buy AGAIN on the second account.

You might want to pickup Elder Scrolls Online Gold (4 included older DLC's) for really cheap (20 dollars) somewhere for the second Xbox. And buy the newer DLC's you want separately.

Also, any (new) DLC / chapters that you buy via the Xbox store (and not the crown store!!) are shared across the Xbox Home shared accounts.

Thank you for the reply! By coupling two xboxes together does that mean each xbox will have their own gamertag? So if my current xbox gammertag is Hammy01 then I can create kind of a sub Xbox live account on my new xbox with a different gamertag? I really want for us to be able to quest together as well as each having our own cool stuff. I am also wondering about the is being able to have ESO plus on both accounts but both being paid with the same credit card and from the same Xbox Live account.

The biggest thing I want to avoid is buying two XBOX Live accounts.

Anyways thanks for the help @Excaltic I will keep googling for more info. If you have anything else you would like to add it would surely help!

PS. Things seem so much simpler on PC. Just buy each PC an ESO account and you are good to go.

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, after doing some more reading I think this is how it will end up working out.

1. Buy new xbox one x
    2. set new xbox one x up as home xbox with current gamertag
    3. download eso onto new xbox one x (yay!)
    4. create new xbox gamertag on old xbox one
    5. set old xbox one as my away xbox one
    6. buy Summerset package and eso plus with my new gamertag on old xbox one
    7. upgrade her new xbox one x to Summerset as well so I don't get into trouble.
    7. cross my fingers that everything works!
    8. log in and play eso alongside my wife

However #6 is the one that I am not sure if it will work out.
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    Ok, after doing some more reading I think this is how it will end up working out.

1. Buy new xbox one x
    2. set new xbox one x up as home xbox with current gamertag
    3. download eso onto new xbox one x (yay!)
    4. create new xbox gamertag on old xbox one
    5. set old xbox one as my away xbox one
    6. buy Summerset package and eso plus with my new gamertag on old xbox one
    7. upgrade her new xbox one x to Summerset as well so I don't get into trouble.
    7. cross my fingers that everything works!
    8. log in and play eso alongside my wife

However #6 is the one that I am not sure if it will work out.
    I thought you have to set each other's xbox as your home xbox.

Maybe there is someone on youtube who explains it, something like "setup gamesharing on xbox one".

Watch more video's before you act! I know it's possible, but i'm not exactly sure how! ;)

And remember, xbox store purchases = shared, crown store (dlc) is not!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Officially

This game is an exception to content sharing on Xbox one

-You can only share the base game with another Xbox one IF and only IF that console is assigned as your home console. The Home console is where your wife needs to play.

She will have to purchase her own copy of any and all dlc regardless of whether YOU purchased in the crown store or on the Xbox store.

Steps:
    -Make the Xbox one for her your home Xbox one. Disable your auto sign in but leave your profile on that Xbox one.

-When you get your Xbox one x do nothing other than the setup and sign in your profile. Copy your Games on an external hard drive and copy them to your Xbox use the Xbox internal hard drive on your new X. (Unless your external is ssd don’t use it on the Xbox one x for games)

-Have her log in,on her console and buy the CE digital edition so she has most of the dlc. Not the Summerset or Morrowind or Gold edition but the black artwork as it’s a new sku and has the most dlc for the price

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 30, 2018 4:31PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501