The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB Tanks and Ult Gen

victoriana-blue
victoriana-blue
✭✭✭✭
How do people prefer to generate ult on their NB tank builds? Do you even care about ult gen because you don't want to out-pace your warhorn rotation, or are you an ult-generating machine?

---

I had been using Funnel Health for the ult gen + off-heals on my main bar, but the cost increase in SS is noticeable even when noodling around solo. (So is the reduction in ult generation & max magicka if I drop it from my bar). Tava's, Bloodspawn, and Dragon are always options, true, but slotting those mean forgoing sets like Ebon, Swarm Mother, or Sentinel of Rkugamz. So I'm curious how other people deal with it. :)
CP 750+
Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnel when you can, use tava's favor with mirage, and keep soul harvest on one bar (and your 'real' ultimate on the other).
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also sap essence and pots.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decisive weapons B)
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Decisive weapons B)
    Effective and cheap! :Db
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Also sap essence and pots.
    Mm pots. I checked the relative cost of sap & strife and wow, only ~500 more magicka for an aoe heal + two major buffs, that's.. well, that's something! Might be time to move it from my back bar to my main bar too.
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Funnel when you can, use tava's favor with mirage, and keep soul harvest on one bar (and your 'real' ultimate on the other).
    Real talk, I ugly-giggle-snorted when I read your Soul Harvest suggestion, since it'd take up the slot ZOS seems to want tanks to use for selfish skills like Shield Wall, etc. >>; That said it's definitely an option, ty! I'll have to get a group together and test it out. It wouldn't be as much help on solo bosses, but most bosses have adds anyway.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 Tava's Favor
    5 Akaviri Dragonguard
    2 Swarm Mother (Bloodspawn on bosses)

Generally, I go for Ultimate Regen as my #1 priority and should my teammates use their Warhorn before I can use mine, I'll just drop a Veil of Blades (not sure how I feel about Bolstering changes honestly. It seems more helpful on a Healer than a Tank since the Healer can usually stay close to DPS while a Tank can't always do that). Strife was a big part of this as it let you build up ultimate between all our other methods but with the cost increase, I've been trying to get ZOS to change the Debilitate morph of Cripple to offer Minor Lifesteal. This way, we can use Debilitate every 8 seconds to maintain Minor Lifesteal and Strife/Siphoning Strikes/Sap can be used periodically in between every Debilitate refresh after 4 seconds to keep Transfer on CD while contributing to group utility and lessening our reliance on Strife Spam as a means of self healing and Transfer proccing.

I'm just hoping ZOS listens.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on April 23, 2018 7:00PM
    Argonian forever
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new leash maybe drop swarm mother?

I like ult gen tanks
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the new leash maybe drop swarm mother?

I like ult gen tanks

Tried it, 3k a pop on top of Pierce Armor, Heroic Slash, Blocking/Dodging was not sustainable on my NB tank. It might make Stamina based tanks more viable but a magic heavy Tank will get next to no use from it.
    Argonian forever