Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My main (PC-NA) crafting/furnishing toons fails to port to my houses, but can port to others?

Turgenev
Turgenev
✭✭✭
Good evening:

I've done the run with ZOS's CSRs for the last 5 weeks, without any degree of success in diagnosing why it's happening, and how to fix it. The issue:

Since about the 3rd week of March, I've been increasingly unable to successfully "port" to many of my houses. Specifically, houses that appear decorated/furnished to some great degree (Linchal, Pinnacle, the Vulkhel Guard apartment, Snugpod, etc). If I'm on team and on comms with someone, they tell me that as soon as I port to my destination house (where I have the houses' load screen displayed and the Ouroboros wheel turning), I disonnect immediately from game. It takes the game about a minute for it to finally stop loading and return this error:

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

I can then login to that toon, and it will have never made it to my house, instead staying in the previous zone. Part of the problem here is sporadic but increasing frequency. Last week, I was able to enter one of the problem homes (Pariah's Pinnacle) working on an arena for a few hours, I tried to port to one of my other houses - it failed - but at the login screen, it shows me at the previous house. If it is MY house, I am now UNABLE to log that toon in at all! It just shows the loading screen from the character selection menu, but never loads or times out, requiring an EXE kill process. (I had to ask a CSR to remotely move that toon to a starting zone to permit login once again).

The problem seems increasing in frequency and occurrence. I thought it was unique to my main (knows all recipes, motifs, has read all books, etc), but the last week my other master craft toons are starting to show instability in housing access as well. Relatively bare toons seem unimpeded.

What I've done to test thus far:

1. Removed all addons, rebooted PC, ran driver updates, updated/rebooted router, set port forwarding as directed by the CSRs for ESO access, checked my AV that the program tree was excluded.
2. Run a fresh install on my Macbook Pro, no addons. Same behavior.
3. At first I thought it might have been related to furniture items I had in inventory, so I purged those. Worked early on, but not for about a month now.
4. Tried other peoples' houses with varying levels of furniture quantity, and have been unable to reproduce this on a house other than mine.

The CSRs I worked with the most (Nick, Jayme) suggested I submit bug details via /bug, but also to mirror it here to allow for greater text inclusion as well as a communal eye.

I'm at a loss here, and being unable to access my houses right now cost me an arena contest. :( I could really use some help here, hopefully from ZOS taking a look behind-scenes to see what could possibly be triggering my immediate disconnection while my loading screen churns.
Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
"Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    So I want to use Wireshark to monitor packets during the house transit portion, see if I can pen out what might be happening on the network side to cause the instant disconnection. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - any suggestions from the tech side as to what would be a good filter to use, or port to monitor, etc?

I'm at wit's end here. I have 26 houses. I'd like to access them. =/
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you porting or going through the door? I started getting that disconnect/msg when I try to go through the door of my house, or any house I want to preview. I can still port to the locations...for now. I just can't walk through the door :(
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Heya,

It's both. After falling to port a number of times, I tried the door method without success. It's also not a universal issue; my toon that fails constantly to port to his own homes can port to other people's homes with no issue thus far. (Unknown if this is a progressively failing mechanic or what.)

I'm still monkeying around with Wireshark to see if I can pick up some network failure that the game isn't returning to me via the UI. Still stuck obviously. Lost the arena contest. :( (In all fairness I still placed 3rd even half done, and the 1st place winner did a bang up job.)

With the palace coming up, I really don't want to be in a position where I'd buy it but not be able to do anything with it...
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. So far this issue has had minimal impact, but if it starts affecting my access to houses all together, I'd have to think long and hard about any crown purchase, especially those nice big places. If I notice my situation getting worse, I'll update here.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil