The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Give Sorc a Snare Removal

NegativeVibes
NegativeVibes
✭✭✭
If you have read the patch notes, you can see that dk has been given snare removal on their wings. While I think this is a good change, its odd that dk was the class to get access to in class snare removal, as sorcerer, more specifically stamina sorc, are designed to be the more mobile class. ZOS gave the "stand your ground" class a way to remove slow effects through a class skill instead of the class designed around movement and kiting. Seems a bit backwards IMO.
  • Phiathornsyldol
    Phiathornsyldol
    ✭✭✭
    No , if you are mag sorc, you have streak , if you are stam - forward momentum (or you can wear medium) The class that deserves snare removal the most is mag nb.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danko35 wrote: »
    No , if you are mag sorc, you have streak , if you are stam - forward momentum (or you can wear medium) The class that deserves snare removal the most is mag nb.

Lol that's a worse class than Sorc having it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But following your logic NB has Shade.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

And that logic fails because shade doesn't have a cost increase like streak does.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Phiathornsyldol
    Phiathornsyldol
    ✭✭✭

You can not put shade in 20 meters of yourself, but you can streak 5 times in a row to leave all your enemies far far behind
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead and try 2H backbar for FM.

The only issue becomes healing, you can either try to rely on surge, or use a monster helm to cover the weak spot.

Personally found Troll King to do very well. FM procs it the moment ur sub 50 and Sorc passives make it massive (1800 health regen from TK alone with daedric passive - I do add some into the health regen CP)

With a shield up, you'll be back to full health in 4 sec max

Then it's all about personal preference on sets.

Choices will be much better in Summerset, but for now one set being lich, transmutation or alchemist back bar and something offensive front bar.

I like having dampen on one bar and hardened on another, that way I can stack Shields or always have 1 up if necessary

I like it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can not put shade in 20 meters of yourself, but you can streak 5 times in a row to leave all your enemies far far behind

Streak 5 times..... yeah so in case anyone wonders why there are still people who think Mag Sorc is OP, please refer to that comment :lol:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want snare removal on Sorc. In fact I don’t really want it on any class.

Snares are WAY too plentiful in this game, and the snare debuffs themselves too strong. You can either fix the core problem itself (snares) or implement bandaid fixes (snare immunity on select builds). I’d say to fix the actual problem.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And which enemies would that be? The ones who don't slot a single gap closer? The ones who don't know how to sprint? Or maybe the ones who don't have a mount?

I guess next patch you can add in the ones who don't slot silver leash too. :trollface:
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Streak doesn't remove snares.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious that stand your ground failed, and that DK doesn't even have the best innate tankiness. (literally worse tanking passives than minor protection.)

I think snares should be capped at 30 maj, 10 min, and sorc should be able to outspeed them, whereas DK/temp should be able to remove/immune them.

It fits more with the purifying/resisting aspect of tenp/DK.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please god, it a dumb game with out.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on man, sorcs are getting a lot of buffs this patch. Play a 2H Sorc and use forward momentum lol. Stamina classes have to use mag skills, you’ll even find some with a backbar resto.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its actually only fair, that dks get a little help there, since they are like templars a rather slow class. Stand their ground playstyle is dead and ends deadly in any normal case. So even a slow dk should have access to snare removal, since he cant stand his ground. But now one of the most mobile classes is envy? Sorcs have either minor or major expedition included in their toolkit and have additional mobility with streak. You want that snare removel, because its the counter to your speed. Meanwhile a dk still cant run away just by using a snare removel.
    Maybe you should just look out for the snare removel skills, which are accessible for everyone?
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Its actually only fair, that dks get a little help there, since they are like templars a rather slow class. Stand their ground playstyle is dead and ends deadly in any normal case. So even a slow dk should have access to snare removal, since he cant stand his ground. But now one of the most mobile classes is envy? Sorcs have either minor or major expedition included in their toolkit and have additional mobility with streak. You want that snare removel, because its the counter to your speed. Meanwhile a dk still cant run away just by using a snare removel.
    Maybe you should just look out for the snare removel skills, which are accessible for everyone?

I highly doubt ZOS will do anything related to removing snares. Why not just give every class an in class skill that can remove them, thus making them less of a problem for everyone.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm there is no class with a good skill to remove snares. Only the now accessible ones forward momentum and shuffle provide a good snare removal and immunity. Alls other skills existing now and come with SS only remove snares (cleansing ritual and scales), but dont gramt immunity. So both dks and templars will have to rely on forward momentum or shuffle to gain some immunity, because only removing them will give you maybe one or two seconds, before the next snare is applied. So actually neither templar nor dks get real mobility by that. Just giving a similar skill to everyone is senseless.
    I am not happy with the snare mechanism atm too, but just giving each class a snare removal is not a solution. I rather wanf to see snares toned down and categorized into minor and major snare, so they wont stack.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is shuffle fore example, everyone can use it. And for magicka users, there is of course purge.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Come on man, sorcs are getting a lot of buffs this patch. Play a 2H Sorc and use forward momentum lol. Stamina classes have to use mag skills, you’ll even find some with a backbar resto.
    Excuse me? Mind telling me what my 'viable' bar setup w/ a 2Hand & Forward Momentum instead of a staff is gona be? Us mag sorcs already have to use Dawnbreaker to have a decent ult. How bout you compare that w/ stam builds using resto - for the ult instead?

I'm not sure if you're just baiting, but stam builds using mag skills is by design, what else are they going to do with their mag pools if not use a bunch of mag based utility skills??
    Kelces wrote: »
    There is shuffle fore example, everyone can use it. And for magicka users, there is of course purge.
    One cast of purge wont even remove Mark Target from you, let alone the million snares you have stacked up on you. The only thing close to Shuffle/Forward Momentum in functionality that mag has is Mist Form - and that, A) requires vamp, B ) stops your mag regen, and C) locks you out of any other actions while you use it.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on April 23, 2018 8:28AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Efficient purge is 1k more mag than shuffle is stam which seems in line with most skills. No it’s not shuffle or fm which provides immunity but t also removes effects which shuffle doesn’t. I think most mag sorcs are just asking to apply snare removal and immunity t another skill like streak but imo this would make streak or bolt of lightning too powerful as it already provides a stun and damage or projectile absorbtion. Honestly all the things I see from mag sorcs right now are just asking to make it op again. Their damage is going up, rune is getting buffed, passives are getting reworked, they’re going to receive the full benefit of 2H weapons being 2 pieces, even more than most stam classes, and now they also want snare removal worked in. It’s already going to be a very mag heavy patch with the exception of the usual NB and Warden infestation.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Purge is beyond useless. It would most likely take 3-4 purges to remove all your debuffs at any given time in combat. And since you can't purge selectively, there's no guarantee that the snare will get purged. And since snares are so easily applicable, you could probably stand there spamming purge and the snares would never get removed.

Just think about it. When fighting most opponents you've probaby got 1-3 dots on you, along with major breach/fracture, minor maim perhaps, healing debuffs, minor vulnerability and a number of status effects. The chance of removing a snare with just one cast is slim at best :neutral: .
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 23, 2018 9:45AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be happy if Streak didn’t come with its own snare...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.