The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enough with the hats that make you bald!

EngineeringElf
EngineeringElf
✭✭✭
So I was tempted to purchase the new feather tiara to put together a Native American / Wild Elf looking outfit, but after previewing the back side on my wood elf I noticed that it forces you to be completely bald no matter what hairstyle you have. I know that it is possible to incorporate hairstyles with hats in this game as the Kiss-Me-Not hat allows you to. I'm not sure if it's out of laziness or what, but incorporated hair should be a feature with hats that would normally show hair. So I didn't end up buying it because bald is not beautiful on this wood elf. :D
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the hat. They need to avoid clipping or you would see your hair cut into the hat, sometimes in very odd ways.
    Also, the hats that do show hair are actually all one model and change the hairstyle, often making it shrink and clip with the head. The Crown of Misrule has this issue with hairstyle "left parted cropped".
    If you actually use a hat that doesn't go too low in the back you will see that they actually turned the shorter hairstyles, or all hair, into the short "crew cut" because they still have hair where the head meets the neck.

Also, think of it this way. You've stuffed all your hair up into the hat, like a lot of women really do for certain hats.
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Losing your hair for something that actually covers your head is not even the worst thing. Argonians lose their horns even though their version of the hat is pretty much just a single fan of feathers glued to their forehead.

But well, at least it doesn't clip with pointy ears, unlike the "Silvenari felt bycoket". An elven hat that doesn't accommodate for elven ears... I think I'm ready to move on, because I saw everything in this life. :p

Silvernari-Felt-Bycoket-Female-Side.jpg