The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help leveling enchanting. XB1 NA

MountainRespect
I get the method for power leveling enchantment. What I don’t have is a friend high enough leveled to create my glyphs and send them back. Is anyone available anytime in the next few days to help me with this? I would sincerely appreciate this. I will provide all resources and pay gold.
Edited by MountainRespect on April 22, 2018 3:13PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to post your server and platform (PC, Xbox, PS4) for anyone to know if they can help you.
  • MountainRespect
    Ah thank you! I am Xbox one NA, gt is same as my name here.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MountainRespect

Send me a message or in game whisper. I'm on usually between 6pm - 9pm EST M-F. I'll be more than happy to trade glyphs with you.

GT: Jinxed Violynne (with a space - don't forget the space!)

What level is your enchanting right now?

I won't require you to pay me. Just a trade of glyphs will be sufficient. :)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can also help as well. gamertag is: iTz John Locke

Feel free to ask if you need anything else crafted too.
  • MountainRespect
    Thanks to you both! I will add you tomorrow afternoon!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the method for power leveling enchantment.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, that advice about swapping glyphs is old and outdated and no longer applies.

See this from my general purpose crafting leveling spiel

Enchanting

Ignore all the "advice" on the web about using an enchanting partner. First, use Mob Loot decon to raise this up to a point. Later on as you approach end game have some some gold, then start making Green, Blue or Purple Glyphs on one character and decon them on an Alt. You will level Enchanting faster than trading the glyphs with another player, which is tedious by the way. (like pull out your hair and make a doily tedious). If you have the Gold to buy Aspects, use Green up to about L15 in the Enchanting Skill, Blue up to about L30/35 and Purple up to about L46/47. Then learn the runes you don't know, you should be at or near 50, if not, make/decon some more Purples.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MountainRespect
    Both of my characters are about lvl 20 in enchanting but cp 46. My question to you is: first it matter the level of glyph? If I make a moderate purple glyph will it Decon for less than a strong? Will a strong glyph Decon for more inspiration than a trifling one or is that dependent on the color quality?
    Edited by MountainRespect on April 24, 2018 7:15PM
  • MountainRespect
    Nestor wrote: »
    I get the method for power leveling enchantment.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, that advice about swapping glyphs is old and outdated and no longer applies.

See this from my general purpose crafting leveling spiel

Enchanting

Ignore all the "advice" on the web about using an enchanting partner. First, use Mob Loot decon to raise this up to a point. Later on as you approach end game have some some gold, then start making Green, Blue or Purple Glyphs on one character and decon them on an Alt. You will level Enchanting faster than trading the glyphs with another player, which is tedious by the way. (like pull out your hair and make a doily tedious). If you have the Gold to buy Aspects, use Green up to about L15 in the Enchanting Skill, Blue up to about L30/35 and Purple up to about L46/47. Then learn the runes you don't know, you should be at or near 50, if not, make/decon some more Purples.

I posted a response above but forgot to quote you. I wanted to make sure it pings your notifications. (I’m new to the forum’s format)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of my characters are about lvl 20 in enchanting but cp 46. My question to you is: first it matter the level of glyph? If I make a moderate purple glyph will it Decon for less than a strong? Will a strong glyph Decon for more inspiration than a trifling one or is that dependent on the color quality?

You want to make the highest level Potency you can make, first and foremost. Because yes the Inspiration goes up as you go higher in Potency.

Then, use the best aspect you can afford to use. Aspects are like a multiplier, see the chart for an idea

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+Deconstruction+Guide

So, you could make Greens on one character, decon on the other, use the Bank for transfering between alts. Note, if you use the bank, you don't have to withdraw first. Once you get up to L30 or so, then start using Blues. Of course you need skill points in the alt that makes the Glyphs, so keep that in mind. You might want to respec, invest the points, level the craft, then respec again.

Also, since your CP46, go find some undead somewhere, they drop the most glyphs. Decon the mob loot as that will give you big gains too. Also, you get gear to decon, gold and character experience too.

• MountainRespect
    Nestor wrote: »

You want to make the highest level Potency you can make, first and foremost. Because yes the Inspiration goes up as you go higher in Potency.

Then, use the best aspect you can afford to use. Aspects are like a multiplier, see the chart for an idea

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+Deconstruction+Guide

So, you could make Greens on one character, decon on the other, use the Bank for transfering between alts. Note, if you use the bank, you don't have to withdraw first. Once you get up to L30 or so, then start using Blues. Of course you need skill points in the alt that makes the Glyphs, so keep that in mind. You might want to respec, invest the points, level the craft, then respec again.

Also, since your CP46, go find some undead somewhere, they drop the most glyphs. Decon the mob loot as that will give you big gains too. Also, you get gear to decon, gold and character experience too.

Doesn’t that method require me to have one character that is already at enchanting 50 though to get the Higher potency? Like if one of them is at 20 the other will out level them quickly and then I won’t be able to raise my potency at all
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t that method require me to have one character that is already at enchanting 50 though to get the Higher potency? Like if one of them is at 20 the other will out level them quickly and then I won’t be able to raise my potency at all

Highest Potency your crafter can make. If that is L3, then it's L3.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, being Champ Ranked, just farm undead, that is your fastest way to level Enchanting (and everything else along with it)

• MountainRespect
    Your method worked well! Thanks Nestor, my crafter is at 50 now.