The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motifs with Spriggan Qualities?

FixedBlade123
FixedBlade123
✭✭✭
There's a particular Motif I would like to use because it looks cool but my DPS Character is currently using some Spriggan components. Is there a way I can create some gear with Spriggan-like qualities?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Spriggan is Bosmer. Motifs like Barbaric or Primal or Skinchanger might look nice with it. Regardless, you can use the Outfit system to look like you are wearing whatever you want no matter your equipped gear.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I haven't used this new outfit system since it was implemented. When I tried to wear the Motif I'm looking at it says that it will cost me $1000. I'm not sure where or how to apply that money (game money).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you exit the screen having accepted your changes, it will automatically take the gold cost as long as you have that much.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I think Spriggan is Bosmer. Motifs like Barbaric or Primal or Skinchanger might look nice with it. Regardless, you can use the Outfit system to look like you are wearing whatever you want no matter your equipped gear.

I'm currently using Hundings and Spriggan but wearing The Black Hand Robe costume and the Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask. They're cool looking but I've been wearing the same thing for about a year. I want to change my look but don't know how to apply the Dro-M'Athra motif style to my character.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd have to know the Dro-M'Athra style. Then in the Outfit screen, you can create and dye your outfit with any known style. Rarer styles cost more gold, dyes cost 50 gold each slot. Or you could use a omtoken from the crown store.

When you are satisfied and exit the screen, it will ask you if you want to pay gold or tokens. Make sure the right option is selected and exit. You might have to set "Outfit 1" to be active in the Collections outfit tab and remove costumes, which cover up outfits.
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    You‘d rather craft an ingame gear set than spend 1000 ingame gold to achieve the same look? Thats next to no gold.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have to know the Dro-M'Athra style. Then in the Outfit screen, you can create and dye your outfit with any known style. Rarer styles cost more gold, dyes cost 50 gold each slot. Or you could use a omtoken from the crown store.

When you are satisfied and exit the screen, it will ask you if you want to pay gold or tokens. Make sure the right option is selected and exit. You might have to set "Outfit 1" to be active in the Collections outfit tab and remove costumes, which cover up outfits.

Well ... thanks for the help but I can't get anything to work. I bought the entire Motif and yet I'm not able to use it. I went to the outfitting screen and clicked on "Outfit 1" but wasn't able to apply the Motif. ??? ;(
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Okay ... I finally got it figured out. Thanks again for your help.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    You‘d rather craft an ingame gear set than spend 1000 ingame gold to achieve the same look? Thats next to no gold.

Money isn't much of an issue. I have $3,505,000 currently.

Anyway ... I wasn't able to acquire the Dro M'athra using normal methods so I bought for 1500.00 gold. Drop in the bucket!