The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY Event - Your experience in Cyrodil so far

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Would like to know about ur experience during this event, in PVP ofc.

I honestly think its the best event cyro has seen in 4 years, (and this event not even related to cyro xD)
I actually have a reason(FOR ONCE) to go other places in Cyro map, and even get rewarded from it.
Also its easier to find small scale pvp, and the fights are awsome in those areas!
The lag has reduced for me by alot aswell, even in Prime Time.

ZOS, we need something like this to be permant, (YES with rewards, dailies that makes players spread to dead areas is great idea!).
This event represent of how Cyrodill can be truly fun - I came back from a long break just to see this, and im glad i did.

Anything that will take out the players of the normal routes, is welcomed!
Would like to see anything like this implanted in cyro?
Edited by amir412 on April 29, 2018 6:00PM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY Event - Your experience in Cyrodil so far 46 votes

Like it
69%
Springt-Über-ZwergeMasterkenmertustaAztlanSorisSchallenDerraMr_NobodyRebornV3xIV_DeityAedarylBeardimusFloppyTouchBohnTMalakithAlamahdiIlCanis_LupuslIMerlianSubversusNelothkivaann 32 votes
Hate it
8%
Sotha_SildsalterMattT1988oXI_Viper_IXo 4 votes
Other
21%
DaveMoeDeeAllu07neb18_ESOIdinuseLord-OttoThe_ProtagonistcarljoklBiro123RianaipzschrekNeloth290 10 votes
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it
    Agree, it's been the best event so far. Not only has it revived town pvp (which is pretty dope tbf) but it also made me rich again :lol: can finally afford to make new builds, which is something I've not done in a long ass time
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it
    Subversus wrote: »
    Agree, it's been the best event so far. Not only has it revived town pvp (which is pretty dope tbf) but it also made me rich again :lol: can finally afford to make new builds, which is something I've not done in a long ass time

Lul ikr, if ZOS will make dailies with an actual decent reward, it will keep cyro population spread like this.

I really love it, when i talk to npc to deliver a quest, then 5 jumping on me - even if i lose its still better than running between keeps.
    Edited by amir412 on April 22, 2018 11:26AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Why would I want to waste time with fighting for this? To maximize the (good!) rewards, I gotta rush through Cyro. I need a bit less than two hours for four towns, with Chorrol being the most arduous fifth one I usually skip.
    PvP'ing is actually a detriment to this event. And so far, almost every enemy I met in towns, even groups, have shown no signs of hostility. The only ones that attacked me were actually really weak ones ttht died in four seconds. xD

While I like the rewards from the current event, Midyear Mayhem remains the best in my book. No schedule to work for, just normal PvP for more AP to rank up faster. What's not to like?
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Like it
    I wish there was incentive like this year round for the town. Not exactly like this but something that makes people want to farm there daily. So much fun killing!
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it
    amir412 wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »

Lul ikr, if ZOS will make dailies with an actual decent reward, it will keep cyro population spread like this.

I really love it, when i talk to npc to deliver a quest, then 5 jumping on me - even if i lose its still better than running between keeps.

My favorite part was that every time I jumped into pvp I knew that if I wanted some easy 1vX I could go to the towns and murder some questers :lol:
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Didn't take much notice of the event really... Did pick up one quest in Bruma.. Killings certain mobs, but it took so long for them to spawn, I got bored and went back to my usual non-event PvP activities.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I would advise people to never judge Cyrodiil during this even when so many people are grinding dailies.

Yesterday, there was someone trolling DC questers in Bruma by just trying to stay alive by one of the questgivers so that people would have a hard time exiting the building. It was kinda funny. You had to pick your moments to try to get out.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Didn't take much notice of the event really... Did pick up one quest in Bruma.. Killings certain mobs, but it took so long for them to spawn, I got bored and went back to my usual non-event PvP activities.

Just fyi each of the 4 Daedra spawn in different parts of Bruma.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Like it
    Its fun. It reminded me of the gold old days of stranglethorn ganking.

It does take forever to get to bruma even on 60 speed tho. Wich makes it kinda anoying spot to camp.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the anniversary event a lot...not sure it’s helped my campaign (PS4 NA vivec).

Usually the campaign is pretty competitive. In this one, though, AD is ahead by 11,000 points. I’m not really sure why...someone suggested that everyone brings their AD characters in because it’s easier to farm birthday boxes. Maybe.

It’s still fun...lots of battles...but it’s not a campaign that’s being played very hard by anyone.
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    Like it
    It's been rough around the edges at times, but I still like it. Just wish they had 12v12 battlegrounds and 2v2 arenas.... one day.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like it
    Loved it, best part was watching all the fails from trash pvp players trying to kill pve players. All the guys that can't make it on there own went to go pray on the questers so I would set up shop around the towns waiting for them to try and jump them. Well they did not need me at all, as soon as a would be ganker(s) would try for a kill they would get jumped on by 5-20 quested dropping AoEs like crazy.

The small scale pvp was great
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Neither hate nor Like it, it is what it is, I needed dailies and others content through trolling, some others AP, took slightly longer than expected to do it, but it's done.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I had mixed feelings.

I did a bunch of Cyrodiil dailies that I had never done before the event and that was quite fun.

Doing them over and over got repetitive.

Getting ganked or having lost time and problems when a town I was questing in got flipped was frustrating.

Players camping the quest givers were frustrating.

There were times I would break from questing to do some actual PvP, which was a refreshing break. On the other hand I would feel guilty about not cramming in as many dailies as possible due to the low drop rate of the Worm Cult. I won't miss the pressure to farm boxes at all.

Having done all the dailies in Cyrodiil there is only an incentive to keep doing them if the items in the reward boxes are worth farming.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade