The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Stygian bugged?

OneKhajiitCrimeWave
OneKhajiitCrimeWave
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so feeling like 2 for 2 today. I've also been testing Stygian and the additional 20% damage for Magicka cost abilities from stealth does not work on a few different skills i have tried, the main one being Dark Flare.

Again it's a set that's not massively used but could see more use in the coming update (can finally get purple and gold jewellery that is arcane). If a set states it will provide the 20% damage boost for magicka cost abilities cast from stealth then obviously it should do this.
Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you do a test on a dummy and show the numbers so we can see what it is doing ?
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once i get back home i will do some tests to get tangible numbers for it.
    Options
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's based on magicka damage skills?
    Maybe the reason is that you will be detected, because so many magicka skills take you out of stealth before hitting the target.
    PS5|EU
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    It's based on magicka damage skills?
    Maybe the reason is that you will be detected, because so many magicka skills take you out of stealth before hitting the target.

Well this does need fixing then because the only skill it will apply to is concealed weapon for mNB's. A full armour set to buff one skill is not good enough and needs to be fixed or reworked
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so i'm in the middle of a respec. I've thrown some gear (5 Stygian) and skills on to test so sorry for low numbers lol. Unfortunately i'm swapping out to solar barrage so no flare to test. BUT....

Vampires Bane. From stealth is 3254 but not in stealth is 3334. In other words it's doing more for NOT being in stealth

Purifying Light. This refused to be a non crit from stealth. 60 times and 60 crits with less than 26% crit lol. From stealth i got 4563 and the crit for standing was 4033.

Now there's a definite increase for this, where you get removed from stealth after the ability hits and not before.

Where as with Vampire's Bane and Dark Flare the skill removes you from stealth at the point it leaves you. This effectively scrubs all cast time abilities from the table to be useful for this set, which are the sorts of skill you may want to run this for (proxy det, Dark Flare, crystal blast gank builds etc.)

Is there a way to fix this so the set may actually be useful to someone who doesn't intend to spam javelin/other immediate cast abilities?

Options