Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tanking stats?

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
Not a finished tank build yet still waiting on a chudan shoulder and soon will be race changing from redguard to imperial so i can put less in health and more in stamina but as it stands this moment i have 50k health, 14.3 magicka, 22k stamina. The reason i ask is because i got invited to tank my first trial which is sanctum ophidia on normal, i haven't run into many sustain issues in vet dungeons and the times i have is my fault trying to aggro everything that moves. Tbh I'm nervous as hell and would appreciate any feedback please.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont need to be nervous. In a good trial group, you should have two healers taking care of you. Your stats actually look more than good. In most trials 40k health is enough. 20k stamina and 15k magicka are also fine. Actually for most tanks those two stats arent that important. Only importing thing is to have more stamina than magicka, so spear shards and orbs restore stamina. Another important point is the trait of you gear and what jewelry glyphs you are using. I recommend a lot of robuste armor traits to decrease your blockcost. For the jewelry enchantements shieldplay, reduced stamina costs and magicka recovery are the best enchantents.

If you are built around that you can permablock against one boss, you will do fine. Normal trials arent that hard for the tank, damage isnt that high and enough healing should be provided. Just provide debuffs with puncture and heroic slash, also engulfing flames is nice. Otherwise shield up a bit and permablock and there shouldnt be any problem. Also the group will love you for applying debuffs and regular warhorns ultimate. I dont think there will be much problems, when you are experienced with the harder vet dungeobs.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly i'm not an expert, but i think you can lower your health to 42-40 k to increase your stamina to 24k and your magicka to 18-20k
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    surely he could, but he wouldnt see any any benefits from doing so. he only would see a decrease in his shield size. but max stats beside health arent important for tanks, since you usually dont hit full stats during fights of minutes. maybe if he would be an argonian with tristat pods you would hit maxumim resources by drinking a potion, but in every other case you dont have much benefits by pushing max magicka and stamina.
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running with 40.4K health,28.3K stamina and 23K magicka. The higher stam/magicka are a result of using a non meta set not associated with tanking at all; Domihaus and Shacklebreaker with bonuses that help in resource stacking for blocking. Of course I have the traditional Torugs and Ebon but I prefer not to use it unless upon the group request.