The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disease Glyph

AmoralOne
AmoralOne
✭✭✭✭
I was told that putting the Disease Glyph on my Jewelry would take away major defile, I would like to get this confirmed or denied.

If it doesn't or if I'm misunderstanding what the Disease Glyph does can someone explain?
PC NA - EP's Greatest Support
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It wont protect you from Major Defile from abilities only Major Defile from Disease damage.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it only lowers damage from disease based skills...which aren't many.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it only lowers damage from disease based skills...which aren't many.

It lowers all disease damage, by ~6% on top of your physical resist. Enchants are the one most people care about. And it makes you immune to to the diseased status effect, you don't get hit by the small amount of damage from the proc nor do you get major defile put on you.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 23, 2018 3:57AM
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll still be defiled by a Lethal Arrow or Incap for example. But a disease weapon enchantment, even with charged trait wont proc defile on you
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    You'll still be defiled by a Lethal Arrow or Incap for example. But a disease weapon enchantment, even with charged trait wont proc defile on you

This is correct, that's how it is, but the damage from the enchant is only mitigation. So still take damage. But It will also stop the the defile from the disease damage abilities like say killers blade. It has a ten percent chance of procing defile. But a skill that specific applied defile, no. Cheers.
    Options