Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

I'm Sick Of DB Trolls

Akisohida
Akisohida
✭✭✭✭
This is the fourth time some brain-dead moron has followed me around and assassinated every target I try to steal from. The first two times I saw it happen, the morons were literally running a circuit around Anvil for HOURS, doing nothing but denying other players anyone to steal from.

I don't care if you're making some troll video for your youtube channel with your 3 subscribers. Just because your mom subbed and says you're cool does not mean anyone else cares.

I don't care if you need to be a jerk so you can get off before bed.

I don't care if you are so brain damaged that you legitimately think it's funny. If that's the case; go lick lead paint. I hear it tastes like candy.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha. Sorry, that's kind of funny. That does suck, I'd say just port somewhere else.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta try this out!
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    So go steal somewhere else.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually if u get one pick if spmeone else kilss the maek u get teo easy drops. Just run around and steal ome thing .
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyones so entitled these days :/
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me before in other cities. The person creeps up, sees that I am stealing, and purposefully kills them because they can.

Like, really? Plenty of places people aren't trying to steal at where you can murder spree all you want.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gold Coast is sorta where the Dark Brotherhood dlc happens and players get their shiny new Blade of Woe. Of course there are assassins murdering everyone there.

Pickpocket somewhere else?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves vs assassin's of eso...

Now where were the guards?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty lame and irritating . You could try soft logging out to change instance away from that Dork Brotherhood member or changing zones and coming back after works sometimes .
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    A year ago, something similar happened to me in Orsinium. I attempted to steal from nobles to get the legendary throne blueprints and some random jerk came by and murdered them to prevent it. So, I followed him and found out he also attempted to steal blueprints from nobles. Since he had trolled me, I decided to troll him back. I followed him around and murdered all the nobles he was attempting to steal from. After like 5 minutes he gave up, applauded to me and teleported to another area.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    So go steal somewhere else.

This. I don't really understand why this is something to get so mad about? You have a whole world to steal from.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    A year ago, something similar happened to me in Orsinium. I attempted to steal from nobles to get the legendary throne blueprints and some random jerk came by and murdered them to prevent it. So, I followed him and found out he also attempted to steal blueprints from nobles. Since he had trolled me, I decided to troll him back. I followed him around and murdered all the nobles he was attempting to steal from. After like 5 minutes he gave up, applauded to me and teleported to another area.

If only you could have followed him yet again, continuing to do that just for the hell of it

I remember in dark souls someone tried killing me during a tournament but totally failed because he blew hard

so I just started constantly summoning him back into my world and letting everyone gank him every time, over and over and over again until he just didn't set his sign down anymore. There were also always those people that tried to gank me as dragonbro before I even spawned before getting absolutely smacked and bodied.

I find just hitting back ten times harder to be the best thing ever tbh. It almost stops being funny after a moment and just starts to become this deeply smug thing that you just have to do just because why not. The more annoyed they are the less likely they're going to try it again.

Like yeah its mean, but if you didn't do it to boot, you wouldn't get the beat down lol.
    Edited by CurlyQTip on April 21, 2018 5:21AM
    Signatures are for losers
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nightmother cammands me. I have been ordered to follow around a thieves guild member and kill everyone he tries to steal from. I obey with glee. Hail sithis
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Everyones so entitled these days :/
    Lol more like just thinks they are xD
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    there's like 51 cities in eso, all with killable and pickpocket-able npcs. why are you incapable of just doing your illicit deeds elsewhere?

like tholian said, the gold coast is generally a bad place for common killing/thieving because it's where all the assassins get to try out their new ability. of course they're going to be excited, of course they're going to try to kill as many npcs as possible to get xp. you'd probably be hard-pressed to find somebody in the brotherhood who hasn't done this at least once or twice.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did have a difficult time with this when I started the DB storyline, about a month or so after I started playing. One of the quest objectives was to BoW a particular NPC in Kvatch, and it was frustrating just seeing him die over and over before I could get to him, every time it was the same single player just camping the spawn. It took about 10-15 minutes before he moved on and I could get the quest done. But if you're not tied to the Gold coast, then yes, I'd just go elsewhere.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an achievement for murdering civilians in Gold Coast. Maybe pick another spot.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these people following you around? Do you have proof they are doing it on purpose? Have you communicated that you are trying to steal from them. Have they answered or ignored you?

Right now you seem to be crying for people who are trying to play their way just like you are trying to play your way. So maybe you need to get their first. If not then ask them to see if you can steal from them first. If they ignore you or say no, then you have a leg to stand on, if you don't ask, then, no one is to blame. How are they suppose to know if you are quiet.

Maybe to the sacrement right and see if Moma will put a hit on these characters. :P
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akisohida wrote: »
    This is the fourth time some brain-dead moron has followed me around and assassinated every target I try to steal from. The first two times I saw it happen, the morons were literally running a circuit around Anvil for HOURS, doing nothing but denying other players anyone to steal from.

I don't care if you're making some troll video for your youtube channel with your 3 subscribers. Just because your mom subbed and says you're cool does not mean anyone else cares.

I don't care if you are so brain damaged that you legitimately think it's funny. If that's the case; go lick lead paint. I hear it tastes like candy.

may want to look into the DB quest. you are told to kill random people to test the blade of woe, in the area.

you have to be aware that no one knows 100% what others are doing. Unless you say something, no one knows you are stealing. To others you are just in stealth mode. Npc re-spawn, it can be annoying but it isn't people trying to troll you. Just people trying to do the quests.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hate it when someone runs around stealing from all my assassination targets. Really bums me out.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we have removed some comments that were baiting. These types of posts are in violation of the forum rules, so let's keep comments constructive and on topic. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hate it when someone runs around stealing from all my assassination targets. Really bums me out.

yeah, dont they understand, its easyer to rob them, when they do not move.......or breathe
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akisohida wrote: »

they probly stole everything they had first then killed them its a typical thief practice
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't there a dark brotherhood quest to murder so many people in anvil and kvatch? I'm sure I remember being caught doing it. If it's not a quest then it's an achievement.
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saved a lot of innocents from being robbed by you, thieves, by killing them with a restoration staff.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lindsey wrote: »
    Isn't there a dark brotherhood quest to murder so many people in anvil and kvatch? I'm sure I remember being caught doing it. If it's not a quest then it's an achievement.

Not a quest, but an achievement. 20 kills each town.
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest from the DB in Anvil. It is one of the spree quests that comes up very rarely.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're defending those poor souls from these filthy thieves like you :D
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I personally hate it when I come to a Town to steal, and all NPC's are empty cause players just run arround and steal only.

A Quick steal, steal, Stab shouldnt be that hard. I mayself only steal once and then stab, since NPCs respawn somehow faster than they refill their inventory. So for the best results only steal, stab method is the best.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    mwo1480 wrote: »

yeah, dont they understand, its easyer to rob them, when they do not move.......or breathe

Some people make earning an easy livin hard... :smiley: