The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Log In With One of My Characters

static_recharge
static_recharge
✭✭✭✭
About a week ago I started having issues logging in with one of my characters. At first when I tried to log in I would just get booted to the log in screen with a message saying it timed out. When I waited 15 minutes or so I could log in to the character just fine. These last 3 days I haven't been able to log in to that character at all, no matter how long I wait. I can log in to any other character just fine but that one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom what is the correct way of reporting this issue so that it gets resolved? The character's name is Talzo Maize. If I need to submit a ticket in game while logged in to another character please let me know. Thanks in advance!
  • dangerousbrian0
    dangerousbrian0
    Soul Shriven
    May I ask what format you are playing it on & what server as I have the Xbox One version & I have been having the login failed server timed out try again messgae since January 15th of this year & I dont even play the game very often I am also on the EU server I also have the Playstation 4 version as well I also dont play that version often also on EU server but can get in first time evrytime I think because the Xbox One is not the leading platform the issues & the Maintenance is less important to them as most people are either playing on PS4 or PC.
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, sorry should have mentioned that.
  • dangerousbrian0
    dangerousbrian0
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thank you I dont know the answer to that sorry well a lot of people have said that contacting bethesda has not helped at all as all they have said is do the steps for troubleshooting what ever the steps are but they have not done *** all to rectify the problem so it must be bethesdas end probably not having enough servers or something I dont know.It is definatly not our consoles or computers.
  • vassilij
    vassilij
    ✭✭
    About a week ago I started having issues logging in with one of my characters.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom what is the correct way of reporting this issue so that it gets resolved? The character's name is Talzo Maize. If I need to submit a ticket in game while logged in to another character please let me know. Thanks in advance!

The same here. PC EU. But it's a random character among all my chars. In the last moment of logging i'm pushed out to the initial screen. Sometimes it brings me #307 Error message
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok thank you I dont know the answer to that sorry well a lot of people have said that contacting bethesda has not helped at all as all they have said is do the steps for troubleshooting what ever the steps are but they have not done *** all to rectify the problem so it must be bethesdas end probably not having enough servers or something I dont know.It is definatly not our consoles or computers.

Bethesda does not run this game, you mean Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS).
  • dangerousbrian0
    dangerousbrian0
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for correcting me on who made this game maybe if it was Bethesda that made this game then maybe it might run a little better lol.You cant even contact ZOS which is stupid as they made the game not Bethesda.What I am trying to say is how the hell is Bethesda supposed to know what is causing a game to throw out Login issues if they never made the game.
    Edited by dangerousbrian0 on April 23, 2018 8:45AM
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    @static_recharge I have a similar issue. When you select that toon, can you cite which zone or house they last disconnected in? I'm unable to login to any of my houses reliably, and the one time I could, I disconnected in one. That made that toon inaccessible until a CSR moved the toon to an open zone.
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turgenev wrote: »
    @static_recharge I have a similar issue. When you select that toon, can you cite which zone or house they last disconnected in? I'm unable to login to any of my houses reliably, and the one time I could, I disconnected in one. That made that toon inaccessible until a CSR moved the toon to an open zone.

The character in question was last logged in in Mournhold. This is the same area as all 10 of my other characters, which I had no issues with. Housing hasn't provided any issues for me.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    I was having similar problems this is who I ended up fixing them.
    I followed to instructions from the PC TECHNICAL SUPPORT page.

To completely remove add-ons, you should perform the following steps:
    PC:
    Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

Now all I have to do is figure out which addon is causing the problem.
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I toggled on the option "delay initialization" in master merchant and I am now able to log in on all characters.
  • Akira-DarkShadows
    My friend is having logging in issues on the PS4 NA server.
    ~AkiraDarkShadows~
    PSN: AkiraNightWish
    PC: @Akira-NightWish
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over two years old the discussion is being closed. For login issues on the PS4, you can post a new thread in the PS4 forum linked below.

Playstation 4 Technical Support
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.