The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else get this email...

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
"You've successfully redeemed a code for The Elder Scrolls® Online. We're applying it to your account now! Your receipt and further details can be found below".

It's a code to beta test Summerset. I didn't ask for a code and don't want one. I guess next they'll accidentally charge for a month of ESO+.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol..it's your invite to the beta. They applied the code to your account so you can install and go to summerset to test if you wish.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You asked by having an account. You don't have e to play it, but don't complain when you don't like something, and you wasted the opportunity to say something about it before release.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    You asked by having an account. You don't have e to play it, but don't complain when you don't like something, and you wasted the opportunity to say something about it before release.

I thought I had all the emails from them cancelled, they are now.
  • personman_145
    personman_145
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, way to be a butt about a free offer. You don't want it? Don't use it.
    PC: i5 8600k, 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Chars: Alathaar is a high elf vampire dps sorc | Andy Rink is a dark elf tank sword and board WW
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's for the SI beta
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry I won't.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about free stuff?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, like the others have said, its the beta test invite.

If you have the PTS downloaded or download it in the future, ESO has automatically applied the code to the PTS account, so you can access the Summerset content if you so desire. There's nothing saying you have to access it or even download the PTS, nor does it have any financial charges. You won't be charged for ES)+ or anything.

That you got the invite for Summerset does mean that you will probably be able to participate in future closed beta tests as well, if they follow the same pattern with next year's chapter. Again, its totally optional. It can be a good way of getting an early look or testing in on the new content. However if you don't want to be spoilered or simply aren't interested in Summerset, there's nothing wrong with never using the code. You won't be charged for anything either way.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need to make a thread about it just ignore it if you don't want to use it.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some people complain about crazy things, but this one takes the biscuit.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I've seen some people complain about crazy things, but this one takes the biscuit.

Yeah, every day the things I see people complain about reaches a new low. How does being given a free beta key compare to getting charged? WTFH lol.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a marketing email as such, as it's only notifying you that a code has been applied, in a similar way to a receipt for billing

You are free to ignore it
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't use one either tbh... not to be butt hurt though but because i hate spoilers, i played ESO original beta and it really ruined the release for me badly..
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear, it must be just me they are keeping in the dark about Summerset. Literally EVERYONE I KNOW that plays EXCEPT ME has gotten a code.

I want a code T.T
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "You've successfully redeemed a code for The Elder Scrolls® Online. We're applying it to your account now! Your receipt and further details can be found below".

It's a code to beta test Summerset. I didn't ask for a code and don't want one. I guess next they'll accidentally charge for a month of ESO+.

It's a privilege to be invited to the beta test. If you don't want the privilege, then simply don't log in to Summerset.
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is that ZOS is saying that the OP successfully redeemed a code instead of saying that ZOS has granted the OP access to the beta...

the OP didn't redeem anything, ZOS did it on their behalf, automatically, and then sent the OP a message that the OP did it.

yeah, it's odd but I don't expect differently from ZOS anymore
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, is the beta different to pts? Like what's the difference/point of beta at this stage? Not being snarky, I really don't know.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    The beta is pre-release testing of the Summerset content. It's an added area to the PTS that's behind the invite "wall".
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    Noisivid wrote: »
    I think the problem is that ZOS is saying that the OP successfully redeemed a code instead of saying that ZOS has granted the OP access to the beta...

the OP didn't redeem anything, ZOS did it on their behalf, automatically, and then sent the OP a message that the OP did it.

yeah, it's odd but I don't expect differently from ZOS anymore

Exactly this. I saw the email just now and freaked out thinking that someone must have accidentally somehow applied their code (for the full release) to my account. I came here to look for a way to "fix" it.
    ZOS, if you're watching, please clearly mark your beta invites as what they are in future...
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got the email but I don't think i have enough space on my computer to install another ESO.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry I won't.

Stop trying to be a butt. If you don't want it, don't use it and spare us creating a thread on it. Log out and close the account. Move on with your life.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't worry I won't.

Ok, then let's just go ahead and close this thread now.
  • brainasium
    brainasium
    ✭✭
    yeah I got the same email. The way it was worded was a little disconcerting since I had NOT redeemed a code. I haven't been able to play in months. It's good to hear this was just a free offer. Might have to try to make time to check it out.
    Edited by brainasium on April 21, 2018 7:29PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »

I thought I had all the emails from them cancelled, they are now.

Because they made a change to your account by adding the Beta test they have to inform you of the change. The same goes for cash purchase of crowns, ESO+ and upgrades.

What you canceled is advertisements and surveys.

EDIT: If you have been invited to the Beta and don't want the spoilers but wish to just test the others PTS changes. Then simply decline the NDA and you will not see any of the Summerset portion of the PTS.
    Edited by Grimm13 on April 21, 2018 10:52PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA