Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is a good armor set to use for a Nightblade?

BozzyTheDrummer
BozzyTheDrummer
✭✭✭✭
I'm just over a week into my stamBlade character that I made (have never played one before.)

What is a good gear set to look into acquiring?
Xbox NA
CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE or PVP?
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve I went Hundings/Spriggans..haven't settled on last 2 pieces.
    I mostly play solo so the crit from Hundings and the penetration from Spriggans makes downing mobs easier.
    I eat the blue braised rabbit food (max health + max stamina).

I use vigor for my healing.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends, are you a PvE or PvP player? Are you Stamina DPS, Magicka DPS, Tanking, or Healing?
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    For pve I went Hundings/Spriggans..haven't settled on last 2 pieces.
    I mostly play solo so the crit from Hundings and the penetration from Spriggans makes downing mobs easier.
    I eat the blue braised rabbit food (max health + max stamina).

I use vigor for my healing.

Thanks for your input! I didn't even think about food, which I am learning is extremely helpful.

I'm not new to playing ESO in any way, but I am new to PvP and I guess I am new to playing this game "smart". Mostly, I have been playing ESO since 2015 the way I wanted, not having any in depth understanding of different builds, skills, etc....

So now I am trying to learn as much as I can lol
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVE or PVP?

For this character specifically, i'm thinking PvP mostly. I mean I am going through the PvE quests too, but I am building him for PvP mainly.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went Night Terror/Spriggans because my Khajiit stamblade is a thief/assassin.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    It depends, are you a PvE or PvP player? Are you Stamina DPS, Magicka DPS, Tanking, or Healing?

For this character, I am building him for PvP use. Stamina DPS.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a NB that I'm grooming for PVP as well. He leveled up pve with dw/bow so I'm getting my 2H skills done on him so he'll be 2H/bow.

As far as gear for pvp..that I'm still learning as pvp is new to me so I've been doing a lot of forum reading.
    Been hitting the dolmens a lot to level up those skills.

I do go into Cyro and join groups so I can learn more about PVP. I decided on Sotha Sil, the no CP campaign.
    Yeah..I'm gimped and know it so I try to hang in the back and get some hits in at range, do repair to walls/doors, razzing others and throwing out vigor here and there...just trying to at least support the group while I learn and grow myself.

Edited by Juju_beans on April 20, 2018 6:36PM
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I have a NB that I'm grooming for PVP as well. He leveled up pve with dw/bow so I'm getting my 2H skills done on him so he'll be 2H/bow.

As far as gear for pvp..that I'm still learning as pvp is new to me so I've been doing a lot of forum reading.

I'm trying to read the forums for this as well lol

my stamBlade is currently Bow/2H and is fairing pretty well.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just over a week into my stamBlade character that I made (have never played one before.)

You can't go wrong with a 5-piece "Unfathomable Darkness" set. Some pieces have different names, but are still part of the set... You summon a murder of Crows to peck out the eyes of your enemies... I always look for sets that have offensive, damage-dealing traits, as well as increases in stamina... Pair it with a Grothdaar monster set (but wear a costume because the headpiece is fugly...) lava pit and you are cookin' with gas...
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coward's Gear set.
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Naked is my meta tbh
    Signatures are for losers
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »

You can't go wrong with a 5-piece "Unfathomable Darkness" set. Some pieces have different names, but are still part of the set... You summon a murder of Crows to peck out the eyes of your enemies... I always look for sets that have offensive, damage-dealing traits, as well as increases in stamina... Pair it with a Grothdaar monster set (but wear a costume because the headpiece is fugly...) lava pit and you are cookin' with gas...

Thanks for your response! I'm going to look into these sets. I've just recently learned about the monster sets. I mean I have seen them, just didn't know what they were.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are pretty versatile with their sets. Hundings is a good base set. Briarhearts performs nearly as well, and the heals can help a stamblade out a lot. Spriggans is a good pure dps set. Mechanical Acuity.

If you're learning PVP on the class, then you might start as a bow gank build and then work up to melee. For a Cyrodiil bow build I like Markman plus either Hawk's Eye or Morag Tong. Those sets are all dirt cheap and pretty easy to acquire via farming.

Some general tips since you want to play smart. Blades get a lot of power by choosing abilities wisely....their passives play a big role .When in doubt about slotting a class skill or weapon skill, on a night blade you want to read the passives.

- you want at least one assassin skill on each bar. This boosts critical damage by 10%, which is huge. On your attack bar, more assassin skills are better because each increases your crit rating by about 2%. You also want to learn to try to kill with an assassin skill (especially pve), which returns resources. When I see an enemy is under 25%, killers blade is the right attack. It'll crit for 35k+, and I'll get 2k stam back from an ability that costs 1600. Even on trash NPCs this will help me stay in the fight longer.

- Likewise, familiarize yourself with the Shadow passives. Slotting one offers a decent boost to max health. Using one offers a HUGE resistance buff for 3 seconds. A lot of new stamblades will underestimate the power of surprise attack. Using it frequently in rotation will boost your resistance, lower everyone you hit's resistance, plus it's cheap and it hits hard.

- level legerdemain to 16. Every once in a while, go to the ships in Daggerfall and steal everything. Fence the max. Spend one point to increase the daily allowance if you like. This allows you to reduce sneak cost by 40%....ESSENTIAL for a pvp stamblade. Instead of months and months picking locks, this grind will get you there in 10-12 stealing sessions.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Stamblades are pretty versatile with their sets. Hundings is a good base set. Briarhearts performs nearly as well, and the heals can help a stamblade out a lot. Spriggans is a good pure dps set. Mechanical Acuity.

If you're learning PVP on the class, then you might start as a bow gank build and then work up to melee. For a Cyrodiil bow build I like Markman plus either Hawk's Eye or Morag Tong. Those sets are all dirt cheap and pretty easy to acquire via farming.

Some general tips since you want to play smart. Blades get a lot of power by choosing abilities wisely....their passives play a big role .When in doubt about slotting a class skill or weapon skill, on a night blade you want to read the passives.

- you want at least one assassin skill on each bar. This boosts critical damage by 10%, which is huge. On your attack bar, more assassin skills are better because each increases your crit rating by about 2%. You also want to learn to try to kill with an assassin skill (especially pve), which returns resources. When I see an enemy is under 25%, killers blade is the right attack. It'll crit for 35k+, and I'll get 2k stam back from an ability that costs 1600. Even on trash NPCs this will help me stay in the fight longer.

- Likewise, familiarize yourself with the Shadow passives. Slotting one offers a decent boost to max health. Using one offers a HUGE resistance buff for 3 seconds. A lot of new stamblades will underestimate the power of surprise attack. Using it frequently in rotation will boost your resistance, lower everyone you hit's resistance, plus it's cheap and it hits hard.

- level legerdemain to 16. Every once in a while, go to the ships in Daggerfall and steal everything. Fence the max. Spend one point to increase the daily allowance if you like. This allows you to reduce sneak cost by 40%....ESSENTIAL for a pvp stamblade. Instead of months and months picking locks, this grind will get you there in 10-12 stealing sessions.

This really helps, thank you!

I have a bow on my attack bar and 2H on my backbar. Right now I have lethal arrow and poison arrow (about to morph), shadowy guise, killers blade and ambush (think that's the name)

I like using the Shadow and Assassination skill lines on my toon. I have a siphoning skill on my back bar to siphon health, but I don't know how else to incorporate that into my build, or if I even should?
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really helps, thank you!

I have a bow on my attack bar and 2H on my backbar. Right now I have lethal arrow and poison arrow (about to morph), shadowy guise, killers blade and ambush (think that's the name)

I like using the Shadow and Assassination skill lines on my toon. I have a siphoning skill on my back bar to siphon health, but I don't know how else to incorporate that into my build, or if I even should?

Once I learned vigor then I didn't have to rely on siphoning skills so much to maintain/regain health.
    Vigor aso helps the group both in pve and pvp.
    And with 2H you get rally (which I haven't gotten to yet).
    Edited by Juju_beans on April 20, 2018 7:43PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »

For this character, I am building him for PvP use. Stamina DPS.

For PvP, Ganking is a build choice. For that, Flanking could be a set to try. It is pretty cheap in the stores and drops like Candy in the Gold Coast. It gives a big boost to attacks from behind an enemy. Not sure if you have to be stealthed or not, but you get a boost for Stealth anyway when the target is unaware of you in PvE. Not sure how that works in PvP.

Anyway, Flanking is a set to consider.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"