Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stealth ... and should I roll a stealth based character

Fallenlords
Fallenlords
✭✭
I am a sort of mad Templar/DPS (low) stamina sort of build who started off was suppose to be a Tank, and took a lot of wrong turns, I don't know what I have created but it sort of works for PVE. And I kind of like my character, grown attached, so I don't want to respec him etc. It is the sort of mistakes that make the character. Anyway my character isn't stealth based and playing through the various DLC, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild I am like a fish out of water. A big Orc in full heavy armour with sword/board creeping around like I have had an accident in said armour. Obviously these quests were sort of designed with stealth more in mind.

I just wondered is it worth rolling a stealth based character to fully appreciate Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild etc? Are stealth based characters fun to play in PVE? Can you have magic stealth types?

I don't normally go for stabby, stabby types. So any help/advice much appreciated...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could simply craft some medium armor in Night's Silence who let you run while sneaking, you don't need quality stuff here blue cp150 works. Enchant with magic you get so much stamina back you will not run out and might want some damage.
    Invest some skilpoint into the medium armor stealth perks.
    Add night mother if you want.
    This is also an nice set for stealing
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You could simply craft some medium armor in Night's Silence who let you run while sneaking, you don't need quality stuff here blue cp150 works. Enchant with magic you get so much stamina back you will not run out and might want some damage.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my Orc doesn't feel right at all for a stealthy sort of setup. I think I must subliminally sort of RP or something and to semi-quote a movie 'he too big to be a thief...!'
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It totally worth it . Magic Nightblade is best because speed and cloak can be spammed a lot with the right gear . Passives from thieves guild help with hiding from NPCs and not being seen committing crimes . Vampire is best for additional resources and stealth speed .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 20, 2018 10:53AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, but my Orc doesn't feel right at all for a stealthy sort of setup. I think I must subliminally sort of RP or something and to semi-quote a movie 'he too big to be a thief...!'
    In that case make an khajiit nightblade. More alts are always useful, especially during events as now.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    OK thanks guys :)