The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioner Hireling repeating the same mail dialogue every day for months

MrGraves
MrGraves
✭✭✭✭
I've been having this issue with Zukki-dar.
4bxajhe8ejmp.png

He's been sending this exact same mail (though the materials do change) every day, I'm not sure when it started but I believe it was shortly after the CwC update. I only get this issue on one character and that's the only hireling I have on that character. All of my other characters are unaffected, I'm having it on the PTS too, as well. I've tried contacting support about this in the past but didn't really get much help.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the hirelings get to the end of their cycle of letters, they just repeat the last one in the cycle ad infinitum. Not really a bug, although it'd be nice if they finished off with a more interesting missive.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    When the hirelings get to the end of their cycle of letters, they just repeat the last one in the cycle ad infinitum. Not really a bug, although it'd be nice if they finished off with a more interesting missive.

Shouldnt the last ones in that case be the Vvardenfell ones? which I've had in the past they would go through the cycle and just start it over again rather then repeating the same message (like on my main crafter)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zukki-dar is the newest provisioning one they added, so I think that's what you mean by the Vvardenfell ones. I recall the previous ones being on repeat before the third set was added, so I don't remember them ever starting over with notes they've sent before.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    That makes sense asides from my other characters going through a cycle with it rather then the same message infinitely (and i've respeced skills on the one getting the repeat since that time, not the others) My oldest character has been going through hers and it's never done that. So either way I'd say something isn't really working with it. Also no body else I know has been getting that and they log in every day, they also may respec skills but I've also redone mine since.