The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is Breton bard possessing random mobs and objects?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'd gotten almost resigned to having to hear that Breton bard in odd, inappropriate place, like in my housing, in random delves and dungeons, out in the middle of the wilderness, etc. But lately I've started examining the sources of the sound, and in a few cases I've managed to pinpoint it to the specific object or mob it's possessing. One time it was my friend's twilight, and when I realized the sound was moving along with the twilight, she dismissed her and resummoned and the sound instantly went away upon dismissal. Recently, one skeleton in a group of them in a dungeon was possessed by the bard, which was exorcised by my killing that skeleton. Yesterday, I was harvesting blacksmithing surveys, and I found an ore node that was possessed by the bard, because the sound was playing as I rode up and cut off when I harvested one of the nodes. I just want to know what's going on, because this is more than a little weird, don't you think? It's *always* the Breton bard, no others, but this possession can happen in any zone, and apparently to any sort of spawning object. I would really, really like to know that someone's looking into this, it's getting really old.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You found a glitch in the matrix.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta be a Beatlejuice possession!

1DlA.gif
    Master Craftsman!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm necroing this rather than making a new post about it. It's still a thing, a really *common* thing that both I and my friend still experience every day. It's gotten beyond ridiculous....just now I parked my toon next to the Belkarth Banking House to come here and post, because right now the banking house sign is possessed and singing "Sway As We Kiss" as I write. I can't harvest it to shut it up like I can with most possessed things, so this blows my theory that it's things that spawn for use.

Since I started this thread in April I've seen scores of possessed resource nodes, dozens of possessed cosmetic pets and sorc pets (for some reason no warden bears yet, luck of the draw maybe?), and a handful of possessed mobs. Among the weirder instances of possession have been a possessed bookcase and a possessed torchbug--the latter was VERY satisfying to silence with that little squishing sound!

I used to like the Breton bard. Since I hear him everywhere now, usually in an inappropriate context and setting and sometimes *in my housing* and since I have to log out if I am going to stay somewhere that's possessed, I'm beginning to hate him. Could we PLEASE have some word on this? Pretty please? @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Now that I'm seeing a possessed bank sign I am starting to fear that it's actually getting worse with every patch.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bards are out of control right now... Yesterday I encountered the disembodied Summerset lady bard in Stonefalls, in two delves and a quest-related 'mini-dungeon'.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'm necroing this rather than making a new post about it. It's still a thing, a really *common* thing that both I and my friend still experience every day. It's gotten beyond ridiculous....just now I parked my toon next to the Belkarth Banking House to come here and post, because right now the banking house sign is possessed and singing "Sway As We Kiss" as I write. I can't harvest it to shut it up like I can with most possessed things, so this blows my theory that it's things that spawn for use.

Since I started this thread in April I've seen scores of possessed resource nodes, dozens of possessed cosmetic pets and sorc pets (for some reason no warden bears yet, luck of the draw maybe?), and a handful of possessed mobs. Among the weirder instances of possession have been a possessed bookcase and a possessed torchbug--the latter was VERY satisfying to silence with that little squishing sound!

I used to like the Breton bard. Since I hear him everywhere now, usually in an inappropriate context and setting and sometimes *in my housing* and since I have to log out if I am going to stay somewhere that's possessed, I'm beginning to hate him. Could we PLEASE have some word on this? Pretty please? @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Now that I'm seeing a possessed bank sign I am starting to fear that it's actually getting worse with every patch.

Well, the Bank Sign has Class, singing Sway as we Kiss, lol. Its getting odd at Dungeon End Bosses, also had it once in Hel Ra Citadel, funny, not really Gamebreaking, but its odd for sure
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months