The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting alts

firedrgn
firedrgn
✭✭✭✭✭
For those that have crafting alts for writs etc. Do u just clone one type of toon and lvl them . Or do u make something different every one.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    For those that have crafting alts for writs etc. Do u just clone one type of toon and lvl them . Or do u make something different every one.

All my alts are almost all different race-class combos. Most have good builds. If you are sure you will only use them for writs, orcs for speed builds.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All my alts can craft and its a secondary function on all of them.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make every single alt a character I would want to play...class, appearance, etc. I level them here and there via quick and easy dailies...I grab shards and invest skill points to level their abilities. Then I farm my writ surveys with them and have them grab nearby shards.

Before you know it you have a character with 250+ skill points who can craft or be geared up to try something new.

• mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I've made what I want to play at some point. I've got 3 Templars (two retired and crafting only) 2 DK ( 1 retired) 1 SORC. 1 NB 1 warden semi retired and crafting only.

Plan on getting them all researched and maxed for the next event. Funneling WC and Spell Power Cure to alt healers so that all can do dungeons.

Really only playing Main DK-also Grandmaster Crafter eventually, Sorc and newest Templar.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "crafting alts" are just premade characters that I haven't gotten around to properly equipping. That being said, all my alts are also crafters.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of my characters are made with the intent to play them. All of them do have crafting skills maxed or are in the process of maxing crafting skills. I set the skill level to the type of mat I need, so I can farm lower level mats my two main crafters will never see again.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually created alts to have at least one char of each class, both stamina and magicka, but virtually all ended up as storage until I leveled their riding skill and found the time to level them. None was created to be a "mule" or "crafter" but some ended up like that for the lack of time collecting more skill points, and time to fully develop them. For a long time I only crafted on 3-4 characters, but CWC update, which let up turn writs in any place changed the dynamics, since Belkarth wasn't the most convenient place to do them. I leveled 2 of my chars during the Witches Festival, one of which has become one of my mains, the other that went the crafter way. I did another 4 character batch during the New Life festival, and 4 more during the Anniversary event, for a total of 14.

When I level a character to 50 I also subsequently level all relevant skills that depend on XP, and also Fighters Guild to 7-8 for magicka, and 10 for stamina ones. Magicka levels destro, resto, and class skills, with a few other assorted ones, Stamina levels 2W, 2H, 1H+S, Bow, Fighters Guild, class skills and takes longer. That implies all those are trained to 50, with every skill morphed and leveled to rank IV. They end up being almost like PTS templates, less the skill points. I do one or several respecs, train crafting skills and "lock in" as crafter. Later I can simply go quest & explore for extra skill points and turn those characters into viable builds by filling the passives, and re-unlocking the already trained skills. Even without any passives specced at the start I can still melt overland trash mobs and even solo some of the easier world bosses. However the process is rather tedious, so my 2nd and 3rd line characters will likely remain as crafters and bankers for a long time to come.
    Edited by Asardes on April 23, 2018 3:38PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |