Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you enter Cyrodiil?

Eeri_Ravencaw
Eeri_Ravencaw
✭✭✭
I just want to do a treasure map. Is there a way to enter without going through the Alliance war?

Best Answers

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but no. Cyrodiil is a PvP area. Even if you go in "solo", you risk being attacked.
    Answer ✓
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Sorry, but no. Cyrodiil is a PvP area. Even if you go in "solo", you risk being attacked.

Oh well, guess I will have to hold on to the map for a while, thanks.
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go in a quiet time on a quiet server. Sneak. Most T Maps are out of the way ish. Avoid roads between keeps.

It will be fun :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Go in a quiet time on a quiet server. Sneak. Most T Maps are out of the way ish. Avoid roads between keeps.

Until you're seen. ;) Then it's a "Mommy!" moment, before heading to the next transistus shrine.

He could get lucky, provided no enemies are looking for the same treasure. :smiley:

@Eeri_Ravencaw
    Truth be told, you can just scrap the maps. They're usually filled with the same junk you can find in regular chests. Plus, they take up inventory.

If you do intend to go into Cyrodiil, I highly recommend you Google the map's location first. The last thing you want to do is run around trying to find the map image in a war zone.

Oh, and stay out of the water. The things swimming in them will make a quick meal out of you.

Answer ✓
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I should at least try to go in there once. Lucky for me I wake up at 4 in the morning, should be quiet then.
    Answer ✓
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭

Until you're seen. ;) Then it's a "Mommy!" moment, before heading to the next transistus shrine.

He could get lucky, provided no enemies are looking for the same treasure. :smiley:

@Eeri_Ravencaw
    Truth be told, you can just scrap the maps. They're usually filled with the same junk you can find in regular chests. Plus, they take up inventory.

If you do intend to go into Cyrodiil, I highly recommend you Google the map's location first. The last thing you want to do is run around trying to find the map image in a war zone.

Oh, and stay out of the water. The things swimming in them will make a quick meal out of you.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a sub so inventory is no problem.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best help, lol.

Once you are level 10+, you may join a campaign in your campaign menu. Set your first campaign to “guest.” Using a campaign as guest over home is the exact same, you just won’t be on leaderboards. This leaves the home campaign open for later if you decide to PvP more. The no cp campaigns are often utterly dead...you can farm and PvP in there for hours and never see another human player.

After that, you go into your campaign menu at any time to enter. You will queue up, and then when you reach the front of the line you’ll be dinged to enter.

All of Cyrodiil is a PvP zone. Yes, you can be killed. But 99% of the enemy players stick to the battle zones. Feel free to go explore. If you get killed, no big...respawn at a keep and go about your business. If you encounter an enemy, try holding block and do two quick bashes. That’s generally language for “I’m questing and don’t want to fight.” Half the time people will leave you alone, the other half they kill you anyway, lol.

But Cyrodiil is worth exploring...don’t be scared. It’s gigantic, and there is a ton to see in there. There are all sorts of little nook areas - a floating castle, a band of Khajiit pirates, a haunted graveyard, a Katie Perry concert. Ok...maybe the concert part I made up.

Answer ✓
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Eeri_Ravencaw

Not just a war zone, but a big gigantic zone that takes forever to traverse.
    Answer ✓
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice thread :)

I'm in the same situation, was in Cyrodiil only once and hesitate to go back for treasure hunting (which I love).

Thanks to all the good advise here I will definitely try again B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv spent a tonne of time in cyrodiil getting chests and not seen another player. its not that hard
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Not the best help, lol.

Once you are level 10+, you may join a campaign in your campaign menu. Set your first campaign to “guest.” Using a campaign as guest over home is the exact same, you just won’t be on leaderboards. This leaves the home campaign open for later if you decide to PvP more. The no cp campaigns are often utterly dead...you can farm and PvP in there for hours and never see another human player.

After that, you go into your campaign menu at any time to enter. You will queue up, and then when you reach the front of the line you’ll be dinged to enter.

All of Cyrodiil is a PvP zone. Yes, you can be killed. But 99% of the enemy players stick to the battle zones. Feel free to go explore. If you get killed, no big...respawn at a keep and go about your business. If you encounter an enemy, try holding block and do two quick bashes. That’s generally language for “I’m questing and don’t want to fight.” Half the time people will leave you alone, the other half they kill you anyway, lol.

But Cyrodiil is worth exploring...don’t be scared. It’s gigantic, and there is a ton to see in there. There are all sorts of little nook areas - a floating castle, a band of Khajiit pirates, a haunted graveyard, a Katie Perry concert. Ok...maybe the concert part I made up.

Thanks, I will go there next weekend. I have to work this weekend..