The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gear question for fellow NB's. Vicecannon + Sheer Venom

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
Have any of you used this combo? If so, what was your experience with it?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt use it, but its a nice setup for bowganking. Maybe have a look into legendarymages sniper build video, i think he also uses at least one of both mentioned sets. For any other ganking i would recommend other setups tough.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I didnt use it, but its a nice setup for bowganking. Maybe have a look into legendarymages sniper build video, i think he also uses at least one of both mentioned sets. For any other ganking i would recommend other setups tough.

Thanks, Check. Appreciate the info.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used sheer venom and swamp raider (Toxic defiance set back when I used it) killers blade/poison injection/rending slashes focused build in open world, I don't gank, and it was quite potent and caught people off guard with the amount of dot damage they were getting.

I think sheer venom got hit with the no crit proc set nerf which made it a bit pointless to use.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used sheer venom and swamp raider (Toxic defiance set back when I used it) killers blade/poison injection/rending slashes focused build in open world, I don't gank, and it was quite potent and caught people off guard with the amount of dot damage they were getting.

I think sheer venom got hit with the no crit proc set nerf which made it a bit pointless to use.

Appreciate the input from you, too, Zor. One thing I'm trying to minimize now is grinding. I work for a living and collecting all these different sets and getting the right traits, yadda yadda, is just way too time consuming. That's why I ask about this before I go to the trouble. LOL
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm... no, just no. These sets are absolute garbage for ganking. They are good for an open world build running double dot poison on bow bar though. Especially on a NB where you can pump a target full of dots, then go in with an incap once poison procs. I have played with sheer venom + senche for a long time. The extra pressure is nice and sheer venom is easy to proc with poison injection.

The MAJOR downside with these sets is that they are bugged and get you killed against DK's using volatile armor. Volatile armor will reflect the dot damage to you and pulls you out of cloak on each dot tick. This is a bug that I broight to the attention of ZOS many times. I even made a thread about it in which someone posted a video with evidence. But as far as I can see it is not going to be fixed with Summerset...

Edited by Koensol on April 20, 2018 5:55AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont even bother with vicecannon. Its a garbage set in my opinion. Only works out of stealth which limits you.

Sheer Venom is decent if you use poison injection. Not sure if its still bugged and keeps you and enemy nightblades out of cloak. Was very powerful with this bug.

I tend to stay away from DoT's in my build because everyone has shields to prevent crits and cleanses to take away the DoT's.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheer venom and viper is a better combo. You kind of gimp your other attacks, healing and sustain running these 2 though. Still fun. They think for about 600 to 800 dmg on average. Paired with dw slashes, axe bleed, psn inject and classes like dk/stam sorc you can really apply some pressure.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on April 20, 2018 4:46PM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried out sheervenom and vicecannon. It works good for sniping and wrecking 1v1's. The problem is though while your DoTs are ticking you can't use cloak or go into stealth again and have to wait 15 seconds for vicecannon. If you like the hit and run tactics it will work OK but you won't win any duels or melee fights with it.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What toast said is sadly, true. When first using this, the sudden removal of cloak and not being able to cloak again while VC dot is active was a bit of a shock.

I ditched VC, sheer is good though for a bit of extra melee pressure on a bleed build.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part of these is you can put 3 body with back bar bow of sheer venom, 2 body 1 jewelry front bar dw/2h, monster set and 2 agility jewelry in summerset. That's a buff for the combo.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    I tried out sheervenom and vicecannon. It works good for sniping and wrecking 1v1's. The problem is though while your DoTs are ticking you can't use cloak or go into stealth again and have to wait 15 seconds for vicecannon. If you like the hit and run tactics it will work OK but you won't win any duels or melee fights with it.

WHat I'm finding now with VC is that sometimes you can cloak for the whole 2.9 secs while the dot is ticking and sometimes you can't stealth at all. Extremely annoying, in part because I spent a lot of time farming Tel Var for it. I may shelve that set now and keep Sheer Venom + whatever else. ha ha

I've mentioned this to @ZOS_GinaBruno a couple of times with no reply. Very much appreciate the input from all of you that replied!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those aren't too strong of sets, but I'm still a huge advocate of poisonous serpent as a 5 piece body set on a stamNB. If you're in no-CP you can run it as a full proc build and run poisonous serpent front bar with a 2h axe for bleeds, sheer venom back bar with an infused bow and shock glyph, then 2 piece skoria with double DOT poisons. The single target in no-CP is unbelievable.

In CP it loses a little value, but with correct weaving the 5 piece on the body is still quite strong. I'd just pair it with 3x agility, the master's bow, and asylum 2h axe instead. In that context I'd probably run 2 piece blood spawn because the ult gen from that, potions, and the asylum 2h means that you're going to constantly have your incap strike at the ready.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you used this combo? If so, what was your experience with it?

Team those with valkyn skoria and Battlegrounds and it is amazing
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria+sheer venom+dbl dot poison+ poison inject on my bowblade I'd awesome.

Here is the build I use in CP and no CP. Nothing changes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJYS7iXcIM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Uhm... no, just no. These sets are absolute garbage for ganking. They are good for an open world build running double dot poison on bow bar though. Especially on a NB where you can pump a target full of dots, then go in with an incap once poison procs. I have played with sheer venom + senche for a long time. The extra pressure is nice and sheer venom is easy to proc with poison injection.

The MAJOR downside with these sets is that they are bugged and get you killed against DK's using volatile armor. Volatile armor will reflect the dot damage to you and pulls you out of cloak on each dot tick. This is a bug that I broight to the attention of ZOS many times. I even made a thread about it in which someone posted a video with evidence. But as far as I can see it is not going to be fixed with Summerset...

I gave it a try this weekend in Cyro and it did a decent job of melting folks. One was a DK who hadn't gotten his defenses up yet, so I was fortunate there. ha ha That bug is a serious annoyance, though.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    A pain in the butt to farm but worth it with 2 Kena
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Rotation I use is snipe, light, poison injection, bar swap, ambush, suprise attack, light attack incap strike or killers blade (depending on their health) Also, try getting the master bow. That way when you start your rotation, you won’t be kept out of stealth by vicecanon. 9 times out of 10 the person will die. The 1 person who doesn’t is usually a tanky build which is why you have Kena. Just switch back to your bow, put up relentless focus again, then do two light. That should buff up your poison to about 1-2k depending on your cp allocation sometimes to 4K.

Edit

I also realize that most of my damage comes from the initial burst the poison dot is there to make sure the person dies or at least their health stays low when they try to pop Vigor.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on April 27, 2018 3:10PM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rotation I use is snipe, light, poison injection, bar swap, ambush, suprise attack, light attack incap strike or killers blade (depending on their health) Also, try getting the master bow. That way when you start your rotation, you won’t be kept out of stealth by vicecanon. 9 times out of 10 the person will die. The 1 person who doesn’t is usually a tanky build which is why you have Kena. Just switch back to your bow, put up relentless focus again, then do two light. That should buff up your poison to about 1-2k depending on your cp allocation sometimes to 4K.

Edit

I also realize that most of my damage comes from the initial burst the poison dot is there to make sure the person dies or at least their health stays low when they try to pop Vigor.

That's very similar to what I do. I generally start, from stealth of course, with a bow HA followed by Poison Injection. That usually drops their health down to about 15% and then I come in with Ambush, SA, and Incap or an execute depending on health. Now, if they're a stamwarden they'll just "lawlwut?" and instantly recover 9 out of 10 times and then proceed to bunny hop while their near endless resource sustain keeps them going. :neutral:
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

Edit

That's very similar to what I do. I generally start, from stealth of course, with a bow HA followed by Poison Injection. That usually drops their health down to about 15% and then I come in with Ambush, SA, and Incap or an execute depending on health. Now, if they're a stamwarden they'll just "lawlwut?" and instantly recover 9 out of 10 times and then proceed to bunny hop while their near endless resource sustain keeps them going. :neutral:

I stealth too yeah. Forgot to mention that. I usually stealth first and then buff up. Easier to prepare that way. For me, if I run into a stamden , I just do five light or heavy and then hit them with the spectral bow to take away some of their healing and then I just keep up the pressure until they run out of stamina and die. If I see their heath more than 25k, I will pop a pot before hand to buff up my damage to 4.8k. I usually don’t have to though. My bow bar is about 3.1k unbuffed and I have enough points distributed that I can kill most people without using incap or kb.

Edit:
    Try a crushing enchant on your bow with infused trust. if you’re a dw a disease enchant on one of your 1h plus either a weapon damage glyph or a poison glyph. You could use it on a 2h but Assuming you’re running both the vc and sv plus a monster set, you’re most likely a dw
    Edited by NightAngel690 on April 28, 2018 2:45AM
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    Using morag tong and sheer venom,..........its naaasty >:)

Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec