The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get add ons to work in PTS

WoodDA59b14a_ESO
I can get them to work on regular game but not PTS. Made new live-addons folder and everything is there but when I load Pts no add ons when you hit add on menu.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    You need to copy them under your PTS Directory. Minion has an option for PTS addons as well.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • WoodDA59b14a_ESO
    My add ons go to eso-The Elder Scrolls Online PTS-Live-AddOns. That is the same as my regular game except Elder Scrolls Online. no PTS in the path. Where is the option in minion for PTS? I just changed the install path, is there a better method. Tried reinstalling add ons and tried copy and move all no good.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should place them in ~/Elder Scrolls Online/pts/Addons, ~ being your "Documents" folder.

Also, if they aren't updated for PTS yet, in order for them to work, you either need to edit their <addon>.txt file inside each of them, and change the ## APIVersion=xxxxx to the updated one that the PTS uses, or just tick the Allow Outdated Addons in the Addon box.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    You should place them in ~/Elder Scrolls Online/pts/Addons, ~ being your "Documents" folder.

Also, if they aren't updated for PTS yet, in order for them to work, you either need to edit their <addon>.txt file inside each of them, and change the ## APIVersion=xxxxx to the updated one that the PTS uses, or just tick the Allow Outdated Addons in the Addon box.

Allowing Outdated addons is the better practice on the PTS side, but I'd only edit the version for the ones you know for sure work. That's why I mentioned Minion for PTS, it saves a bit of time and effort.
    Edited by calia1120 on April 20, 2018 2:31AM
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @calia1120

Yeah, totally agreed :)

I mentioned both methods por completion's sake. I normally just use no more than 3 addons while on PTS, mostly to help me with game's UI issues (filtering/ordering/tagging/etc.,) and that's all.

If I'm just wandering and looking around and checking quests and that kind of thing, I prefer not to enable addons since it's best to run the PTS bare in case there are issues, so you have no doubts about addons interfering when something strange is happening that could be a bug.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @leeux I definitely run minimal on PTS, though I'm testing updates for stuff here and there.