Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How does CC work in PvE?

Lanvari
Lanvari
Soul Shriven
My own testing shows that normal mobs have some degree of CC immunity after a fear or stun.

I cannot find any information about how crowd control works in PvE. The only information I can find is for PvP. There are clearly some diminishing return or immunity mechanics in PvE, but I cannot find information on it on any wiki, these forums, or elsewhere.

P.S. These tests were done with Manifestation of Terror, and Concealed Weapon on a Nightblade.
Edited by Lanvari on April 19, 2018 8:51PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity works the same way in PvP and PvE. That's ZOS's vision of smooth transition between the two.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About to only mention I know of is when it was added.

PC Patch Notes 1.6.5:
    Combat & Gameplay (continued)
    Monsters
    Monsters will now gain immunity to crowd control effects for 5 seconds in the same way that you do.
    Note: This does not change the behavior or monsters that are already immune to crowd control abilities.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lanvari
    Lanvari
    Soul Shriven
    Do elites or bosses have any additional CC immunity or rules?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lanvari wrote: »
    Do elites or bosses have any additional CC immunity or rules?

Yes they are largely immune to most CC by default. Also note that flying enemies are immune to roots and snares.
  • Lanvari
    Lanvari
    Soul Shriven
    Do roots, snares, and silence trigger the same or different CC immunity? If they do not trigger CC immunity, are they still affected by CC immunity.

Also, does the 5 seconds of CC immunity begin after the CC ends or when it begins (I assume it is after the CC ends).
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roots and snares are soft CC and do not grant immunity like hard CC such as stun. You can root or snare enemies with temporary CC immunity repeatedly.

Silence does not grant immunity, but this is a player effect. In PvE, Negate stuns.

It's supposed to be when it ends. Keep in mind, some skills, like fear, have been bugged in the past.