The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is this resource drain bug a real thing?

SmellyUnlimited
SmellyUnlimited
✭✭✭✭
I’ve read numerous posts on the forums from players much more knowledgeable than myself as to an existing bug that drains a resource pool used faster than it should. Since after Dragonbones, which didn’t really alter my equipment/skill choices or raise the costs associated, I’ve nonetheless found myself struggling significantly with resource sustain.

As an example, my Stam Sorc has heavy attacks as a regular part of the rotation. As heavy attacks are meant to provide much more resource return (especially with Tenacity), I’ve found even using 3 heavy’s front bar (with Armaments toggled front and back), and going so far as to run Dubious as opposed to the blue food I ran before, I’m scraping the barrel to keep my momentum. I’ve got 75 points into tenacity, am Redguard, and have kept my rotation consistent across patches.

The only reasons I can come up with is that somehow my rotation isn’t as succinct as it used to be (not likely), or that something has changed with my resource sustainment (whether through patch change, or a bug inadvertently introduced into the system). I looked through DB patch notes again to make sure, and saw nothing to suggest resource sustain was changing fundamentally,

Is this phenomenon verified by others, or at least anecdotally noticed?
DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that after I get done with a DPS test my resources "dance around" even though I'm not using any skills.

I learned a long time ago not to trust my UI and what my resources read. Ever since I was once trying to advance my vamp stages by spamming mist form and sometimes I was able cast mist form without enough magicka and others I was unable to cast it when I did have enough, that's when I realized that your resource bars are just a guesstimate. Ever swear that you had enough stamina to break free but were unable to? Probably the same issue.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very real. Like danksta said, I've seen my resource bars dancing around when not using any skills, daily since dragonbones released. I don't think there's been any word besides they're looking into it