The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please make the Undaunted Weapon/Outfit skins earnable in game

beetleklee
beetleklee
✭✭✭✭
The new weapon and outfit skins based on Molag Kena, Shadowrend and Ilambris is a very cool idea but it seems like such a wasted opportunity to not have them earnable in-game by playing the dungeons. There is little incentive to run a lot of dungeons outside pledges or the few that drop decent sets (PTSD from running City of Ash I hundreds of times)
Most of them are dead are non-pledge days.

I think it would be cool to have them as rare drops when beating the final boss on Veteran, or achievements for No Death, HM and Speed Run. Because only DLC dungeons from Shadows of the Hist onward have cosmetic rewards for doing those achievements (even the DLC Imperial City ones don't have cosmetic rewards.)

Especially since there are now in-game earnable outfit styles for doing PVP achievements, why not dungeons?

It seems like such a waste that they're crown store. Especially since you have to do the dungeon on veteran to get the helmet, but now you can buy the style with crowns.
There needs to be more in-game earnable cosmetic rewards. There are 3 plain horses and no in-game earnable mounts. There are a couple pets and costumes. Everything else is bought with crowns.
PC NA
CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
DC Redguard Stamplar
AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    CP 690

DC Redguard Stamplar

• Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    This is a huge part of the problem with this game's development path for me. More and more items are tied to the crown store, and fewer are available for in-game accomplishment rewards.

Now, they're trying to put even crafting patterns (motifs) in the store instead of it being earned or found in game.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    This is a huge part of the problem with this game's development path for me. More and more items are tied to the crown store, and fewer are available for in-game accomplishment rewards.

Now, they're trying to put even crafting patterns (motifs) in the store instead of it being earned or found in game.

It's worrisome for me, first the radiant apex mounts and now motifs (which are split in pages nonetheless.) Guess they figured the backlash against the radiants caused some people to not buy crates, but tons of people collect motifs and they're milking the new outfit system with those plus the Undaunted styles.

PC NA
    CP 690

DC Redguard Stamplar

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome if we could. Give us more to work for. Let us want to keep playing
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wallets ready
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »

It's worrisome for me, first the radiant apex mounts and now motifs (which are split in pages nonetheless.) Guess they figured the backlash against the radiants caused some people to not buy crates, but tons of people collect motifs and they're milking the new outfit system with those plus the Undaunted styles.

Its a shocking trend. If I didn't like the setting of elder scrolls i'd have quit a long time ago. Zo$ have done nothing to foster any goodwill or loyalty from players. Any loyalty is to the brand not the company. The more they go down this shady road the more folk are going to quite en masse when Zo$ drop the ball.

Perfect example of this inability to do the decent thing is the merchant for 5000 crowns ($35), doesn't include the ability to repair armour yet every. single. other. merchant. does. That means they removed the feature and therefore had a discussion where it was decided that removing that element of the merchant was in their eyes acceptable. For $35 it really begs belief.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not from anything above normal.

I'm sick of hard mode requirements and even veteran requirements. Why do I need to put my hands in a blender because somebody else wants to?
    Should I do "the Tide Pod Challenge" just because somebody else does?
    Should I jump off a bridge because somebody else tells me to?
    What if they give me $5? $10? $100? What is enough?

No thanks. I love cosmetics and would love to "earn" them in game, but not from something I find beyond either my actual capabilities or the amount of effort I deem "worth it". I would rather pay money to avoid that.
    (Edit: I also hate depending on other people to both want to run it, since they will eventually not have enough for a group no matter what incentive, and be good enough to complete it. It all breeds resentment and hostility and profanity in chat.)

Thus, yes they should be attainable in game from something reasonable to complete by almost all players, taking time more than effort though, with the option to purchase for those that just can't be bothered to put any time or effort in even if easy.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 22, 2018 12:34PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100% agree,

Also the path this game is going down is not going to help itself at all..
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where do people think ZOS will make money if you want everything out in the crown store to be earnt by other means , personally I don't have a issue with this or the crown crates , though I would like the RNG to be a little better
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do people think ZOS will make money if you want everything out in the crown store to be earnt by other means , personally I don't have a issue with this or the crown crates , though I would like the RNG to be a little better

Its not all or nothing ffs. Nobody is saying Zo$ have no right whatsoever to make any money through microtransactions. People are correctly pissed off because they got the initial game purchase (£40) sub (£120 annually) Morrowind(£30), all coupled with crown purchases.

When you spread that across the player base that is a LOT of money and then contrast that with what you can actually earn in the game through doing stuff - Woeful. A better balance needs to be struck.

Crown crates brought in gambling, and the mounts and houses are price gouging, 15000 crowns for Tel Galen, thats $150, or any one of the various 4000 ($40) crown mounts. That is outrageous pricing which alienates most of the player base. Who the *** is going to spend $150 on a bloody house in a game?? MAYBE 1% of players if that?

Personally I want more meaningful content, the sixth house robe and dwemer pet were a step in the right direction as you actually had to earn them through effort. Not just crack out the credit card but there is not enough of this type of stuff.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not all or nothing ffs. Nobody is saying Zo$ have no right whatsoever to make any money through microtransactions. People are correctly pissed off because they got the initial game purchase (£40) sub (£120 annually) Morrowind(£30), all coupled with crown purchases.

When you spread that across the player base that is a LOT of money and then contrast that with what you can actually earn in the game through doing stuff - Woeful. A better balance needs to be struck.

Crown crates brought in gambling, and the mounts and houses are price gouging, 15000 crowns for Tel Galen, thats $150, or any one of the various 4000 ($40) crown mounts. That is outrageous pricing which alienates most of the player base. Who the *** is going to spend $150 on a bloody house in a game?? MAYBE 1% of players if that?

Personally I want more meaningful content, the sixth house robe and dwemer pet were a step in the right direction as you actually had to earn them through effort. Not just crack out the credit card but there is not enough of this type of stuff.

Sorry but where do you think this more meaningful content is going to be paid from as I said I have no issue with this type of cosmetic stuff and as for alienates most of the player base I doubt it , probably a good size of the player base don't have a view either way
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but where do you think this more meaningful content is going to be paid from as I said I have no issue with this type of cosmetic stuff and as for alienates most of the player base I doubt it , probably a good size of the player base don't have a view either way

Dude. I'm a customer. I frankly do not give a *** where the money comes from. Thats Zo$'s problem. If you're so worried about Zo$'s bottom line, get a job in their accounts department.

I'm sick of people pretending that Zo$ are running some sort of make or break cash strapped business. They will be coining it in and absolutely could be doing more to genuinely support a more enjoyable experience for players.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with cosmetic items in the cash shop, what I am not doing is spending 50 bucks for 'em, not happenin'.

If they were earnable in game add another layer of flavor, ie an additional lightning effective with a diff color.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why there aren't a reward for completing hard-mode in dungeons.

Getting really fed up with things just only being able to get through the crown store. Crown store should be the lazy option not the only option! lol
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dude. I'm a customer. I frankly do not give a *** where the money comes from. Thats Zo$'s problem. If you're so worried about Zo$'s bottom line, get a job in their accounts department.

I'm sick of people pretending that Zo$ are running some sort of make or break cash strapped business. They will be coining it in and absolutely could be doing more to genuinely support a more enjoyable experience for players.

They probably could but looks like they aren't so get over it , could be worse and the crown store could be more pay to win ,there are other games on the market if people don't like how this game is run , just saying
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I don't think this will happen.

I mean we got some love for the motifs in crates after a few days of raging threads but these have mostly slipped into the "it's fine" category and will get a free pass.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the Undaunted motif pages should definitely be obtainable by doing HM, I strongly dislike the fact that unique skins are moved to the crown store and you cannot get them in-game.

I'm fine with the fact that people can buy cosmetics in the crown store but it should also be obtainable by actually playing the game. It really motivates people if you can get cool looking stuff, even if you have to grind for a bit.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it looks like the head and shoulder "motifs" are going to drop from doing the dungeons and a drop in Undaunted chests, but the weapon skins are crown store.

Could be worse, glad at least parts are rewarded from doing the dungeons but it would've been cool to have the weapon skins as unique rewards or rare drops from doing the dungeons, or a reward you can trade Pledge keys in for (I have a ton just sitting on many characters as I don't need anymore shoulder pieces right now.)
    PC NA
    CP 690

DC Redguard Stamplar