The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Essential Housing Tools v2.0 is just around the corner...

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
My latest version of Essential Housing Tools add-on (v2.0) is just around the corner ...

... and so are a host of new features for you to get creative with -- including Custom Animations :wink:

If you enjoy Player Housing, Building things or even if you are just Curious, you should take a look ...

Tamriel's very own Whack-a-Mole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs27TNxUKZs&list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm&index=6
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whaaaaaat

this looks like a huge game changer

how much lag does it cause?
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    whaaaaaat

this looks like a huge game changer

how much lag does it cause?

@SosRuvaak
    I play on a fairly potato-like system and I get minimal lag even when animating 10 items per second (the maximum speed allowed). Here is my system doing just that (while also running the capture software simultaneously):

• SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!
    looks tedious to set up though.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    Very cool!
    looks tedious to set up though.

@SosRuvaak

Thank you :-) As for being tedious - that really depends on how complex your scene is going to be. You can throw together some animations (like the one in that last video I posted) in, what, under a minute? And I'm guessing some people might orchestrate entirely epic scenes, using hundreds of items, that might very well take 15 minutes to set up.

What I can definitely say is that I tried to keep the interface simple; this makes animating possible with just 4 steps:

1. Add furniture to the scene.
    2. Position the furniture for the animation frame.
    3. Add a new frame.
    4. Repeat 2 & 3 as needed.

=P
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO housing team should learn from your tools.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    ESO housing team should learn from your tools.

As a developer myself, I am going to guess that the developers at ZOS are no different -- overworked.

But... <3:wink: