The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Essential Housing Tools v2.0 is just around the corner...

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
My latest version of Essential Housing Tools add-on (v2.0) is just around the corner ...

... and so are a host of new features for you to get creative with -- including Custom Animations :wink:

If you enjoy Player Housing, Building things or even if you are just Curious, you should take a look ...

Tamriel's very own Whack-a-Mole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs27TNxUKZs&list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm&index=6
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this animation visible only for you or for the visitors too? How many objects it is possible to animate this way?

Excellent job, really. If it has at least half functionality that I imagine, then home furnishers can achieve some really great things with animated interiors
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 19, 2018 4:25PM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what kind of slowdown you'd get if you animated everything in your house. Like, it's got good potential, but if it slows the game to a crawl if used too liberally, it would be a problem.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a feeling that it might be limited to one object moving pr frame unless it's more than one person editing stuff.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this animation visible only for you or for the visitors too? How many objects it is possible to animate this way?

Excellent job, really. If it has at least half functionality that I imagine, then home furnishers can achieve some really great things with animated interiors

^This

If the animation is visible to others this thing will have soooo much potential (even if it requires others download the addon as well)

Man this is absolutely awesome
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alp wrote: »
    I got a feeling that it might be limited to one object moving pr frame unless it's more than one person editing stuff.

Though it might have some interesting applications if it works in conjunction with other addons like, say, Furniture Grouper.
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 19, 2018 9:37PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Alp wrote: »

Though it might have some interesting applications if it works in conjunction with other addons like, say, Furniture Grouper.

The add-on has a built in furniture grouper
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then! Gonna build me a model globe using that big clockwork sphere and some flowers, and make it spin!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NoTimeToWait @Alp @Lyserus

Guests can also see the animation in real-time. You can animate as many objects as you can fit in your home; but, to respect the server traffic (message) limit put in place by ZeniMax, the add-on will only move a maximum of 10 objects per second. (You would literally be kicked from the server if I tried to bypass that limit)

Below is a video my partner and I just made to show dynamic, animated stairs spiraling out of the ground and eventually leading up to the portal in the center of my arena. As you can see, we both not only see the animation, but guests can then also subsequently ascend those stairs (again, because guests can see/interact with the objects the whole time)

And @Aliyavana ty for clarifying as well :-P

• Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

Guests can also see the animation in real-time. You can animate as many objects as you can fit in your home; but, to respect the server traffic (message) limit put in place by ZeniMax, the add-on will only move a maximum of 10 objects per second. (You would literally be kicked from the server if I tried to bypass that limit)

Below is a video my partner and I just made to show dynamic, animated stairs spiraling out of the ground and eventually leading up to the portal in the center of my arena. As you can see, we both not only see the animation, but guests can then also subsequently ascend those stairs (again, because guests can see/interact with the objects the whole time)

That's real nice!

Few more questions, it'd be great if you can clearify them :p
    1.Can the moving object carry me? say if I'm standing on a platform or sitting in a chair.
    2.Since there is a limit, is it possible to trigger different set of animation objects with switch or something?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    That's real nice!

1.Can the moving object carry me? say if I'm standing on a platform or sitting in a chair.
    2.Since there is a limit, is it possible to trigger different set of animation objects with switch or something?

@Lyserus

Regarding #2:

The initial version will allow you to configure different animation "scenes," such as the scene I configured to animate the daedric "stairs" in the previous video, and subsequently save those scenes for later retrieval and playback. My project plan for this add-on expands on that base functionality in future releases to include things such as Keybinds for quick playback of "favorite" Scenes; Scene Quick-access Wheel (similar to the Quick Slot selection for drinking potions, etc); and, Scene Triggers based on a variety of configurable conditions (such as entering or leaving a given region) or saying or seeing someone else say a trigger word or phrase.

Regarding #1:

For being carried by a moving object, I would suggest checking out my Magic Carpet add-on. This will literally let you fly in player houses using a variety of different "carpet" items ranging from Planks, to actual Carpets, to flying Ships...

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    R_K wrote: »

That's real nice!

1 of course not. It’s selecting an item, picking it up, and placing it in another spot in a fraction of a second. Ever picked up a plank your friend was standing on? The friend fell because the plank disappeared from under their feet. Same thing here.

2 it depends on one thing... does the add on track the state of a designated furnishing? Like, a brazier lit or not?

I’m imagining a platform in the sky. A dueling platform. But using additional panels it tilts, and spikes rise from the floor, and stuff. Like move a fire to just under a segment, then a moment later both fire and segment disappear. Like if it’s a room then slowly moving large blocks in would be walls squeezing together. Or walls pushing the duel off an edge.

Light the brazier and the platform animation begins. Runs through x many cycles and ends.

Chain animations? A reset animation? A ‘keep alive’ thing to keep me logged in so people can come use it while I’m afk...

This is the type of thing I’d animate if I wasn’t console.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mrls-OiVYs
    Edited by Cryptical on April 21, 2018 12:47PM
    Xbox NA
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    1 of course not. It’s selecting an item, picking it up, and placing it in another spot in a fraction of a second. Ever picked up a plank your friend was standing on? The friend fell because the plank disappeared from under their feet. Same thing here.

2 it depends on one thing... does the add on track the state of a designated furnishing? Like, a brazier lit or not?

Omg, Flash Gordon...

But, you are correct about falling through an item the instant it is yanked out from under you, no matter how briefly it is removed and replaced.

I was able to overcome this limitation in the Magic Carpet add-on by using multiple carpet items together. As you move, jump or dodge roll, I am constantly recalculating your velocity in the x-, y- and z-axis. I then multiply that vector by several scenario-specific coefficients (to account for things such as your point-in-time free fall velocity, your acceleration parallel to the ground and your configurable latency sensitivity) to predict where your character will be in the upcoming frames. Using that, I was able to shift each subsequent carpet item (using a FIFO queue) beneath where your feet will be, in advance, to create what is (in my opinion) a relatively smooth "flight" experience for the player under fair to ideal latency conditions.

Because that approach is highly specific and designed around the exact parameters of the supported 'carpet' furniture items, I can't reasonably make this work for any and every animation that players may orchestrate using my upcoming Animation module for Essential Housing Tools. :-( But, on the bright side, when I release the update you will most certainly be able to use it to "yoink" the floor out from under people in, say, a mid-air combat arena to send combatants plummeting to their certain deaths -- so there is still entertainment value to be had. :wink: