The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A few things about Bolt Escape

NegativeVibes
NegativeVibes
✭✭✭
It seems you can no longer roll dodge while in the middle of a bolt escape. Before you could roll dodge as you pressed the bolt escape key and you'd roll through it. Now there seems to be a grace period during and after casting where you cannot roll. This has not always been and I remember doing it around the time of Morrowind. Can we bring this back if it was removed intentionally or otherwise fix it if it is a bug?
Also, I think streak would benefit from the removal of the cost increase if used offensively. For example, if you streaked through a target maybe the cost increase to the skill would not apply, as the cost increase was first introduced to prevent people from easily escaping fights. There should not be a penalty for using it offensively.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NegativeVibes I'm getting positive vibes from this thread!!!!

Thats a great idea. I've been all for buffing streak in terms of distance or cost or damage but that's a great suggestion. Best yet

Who do we tag? @Wrobbel? Get it on the Sorc feedback threads too
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I think streak would benefit from the removal of the cost increase if used offensively. For example, if you streaked through a target maybe the cost increase to the skill would not apply, as the cost increase was first introduced to prevent people from easily escaping fights. There should not be a penalty for using it offensively.
    OMG a reasonable steak proposal consisting of more than just mindless buffsorc drivel. There really is a God. <3:D
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha @The_Outsider so as a non buffsorc pioneer you concur? That's a good start!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Haha @The_Outsider so as a non buffsorc pioneer you concur? That's a good start!

Ya. What is this world even coming too. #nerfsorc

waitno! It's a reflex, I'm sorry.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see no delay on streak and snare removal
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree you shouldn't be able to dodge roll while using the ability, just like you can't dodgeroll while Crit Rushing. The cost increase should always be there because you could be running away with this skill through people.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »
    I disagree you shouldn't be able to dodge roll while using the ability, just like you can't dodgeroll while Crit Rushing. The cost increase should always be there because you could be running away with this skill through people.

You don't go very far with the skill
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    I’d like to see no delay on streak and snare removal

Thatd be great honestly and a good buff to stam sorc
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're running away through people, you're technically running towards people. Just sayin'
    EU | PC | AD
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭

"Running away" "Through people" i dont think thats how escaping with streak works no offense lol
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do people streak spam as an offensive tool? Is that a thing? I always thought you streak through an enemy then go for your burst. I just don't see how streak spam would be used offensively, but maybe I'm just a noob.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Do people streak spam as an offensive tool? Is that a thing? I always thought you streak through an enemy then go for your burst. I just don't see how streak spam would be used offensively, but maybe I'm just a noob.

Streaking through an enemy would be using it offensively.... so you can stun them...
    Edited by NegativeVibes on April 19, 2018 5:44PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because years ago no one could move, they were locked inplace and kept having streak cast on groups of people.
    sorc could take out 20 + people in pvp and none could do anything about it.
    so they balanced it and made it cost increase the more they cast it.

nothing wrong with being allowed to escape, nothing wrong with that at all.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    "Fleeing is always a valid tatic..."
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Streaking through an enemy would be using it offensively.... so you can stun them...

I think what he means is why would anyone use Streak more than once, and still consider it used offensively?

Perhaps closing a distance? But this would mean there's no target affected by Streak, making it impossible to determine its use. "Enemies nearby" probably won't count.

I'm all for the suggestion, but I'm not sure how I can see its implementation without a target.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

I think what he means is why would anyone use Streak more than once, and still consider it used offensively?

Perhaps closing a distance? But this would mean there's no target affected by Streak, making it impossible to determine its use. "Enemies nearby" probably won't count.

I'm all for the suggestion, but I'm not sure how I can see its implementation without a target.

I think the best way to know was already stated. Did the skill damage or stun someone? If yes, reduce the cost and reset the fatigue timer.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

because years ago no one could move, they were locked inplace and kept having streak cast on groups of people.
    sorc could take out 20 + people in pvp and none could do anything about it.
    so they balanced it and made it cost increase the more they cast it.

nothing wrong with being allowed to escape, nothing wrong with that at all.
    That's a nice story, got any more tall tales for us?
    Deer_eating_popcorn.gif

I know you hate sorc with the undying fury of a thousand suns, but there's gotta be limits on the hyperbole, dude.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I get that, but it should only take one streak to use it offensively... I mean unless you just have really bad aim. If that's the case then no matter the changes they make to your class you will always be bad.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA