Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I love watching prices drop!

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Not even being ironic here, i love the motif price crash. As someone who sells motifs I do feel the pain of lower overall gold income, but as someone who values fashion and fun this is great! I really feel like I'm seeing more people running around with fully-customized outfits. So go my friends! Play more with your styles! Buy more motifs now that they're on sale and easy to find! Go to town and be the beautiful scamps you always dreamed of!!
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fea30790-9274-426d-8912-dfc2f9c08699.gif

just kidding :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices were inflated from the Outfit System anyways. I'm hoarding my motifs and will sell them eventually, probably when I need to make room for Midyear Mayhem rewards.
  • hellothere
    It’s great for selling motifs too, I bought a worm cult helmet motif for 35k when the average in my guild store is 130k XD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already made 400k off of WC
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still made about 1mil gold since the event started
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making a killing selling motifs at lower prices. i sell a ton, get a ton more, sell those too. I have no real complaints about prices dropping--it gives people incentive to go out the shop for whatever motifs they still need. Given how easy it is to get the motifs during the vent, no one should be complaining about how they're not selling for the usual prices--if you were farming Bloodroot Forge or whatever, I can see you wanting a primo price, but jeez, all you have to do is crafting writs or some Cyro town daily to get them, so please. And I have seen exactly zero people saying the anniversary boxes shouldn't be rewarding any particular motif.

What's more a problem is the number of a particular motif on the market. Some are getting past their saturation point where it's not worth even listing them right now. But the event is almost over and there are plenty of motifs that are still selling well.

Last year I was able to buy all the motif pages i needed to complete all the motifs at the time on my master crafter, including ones I thought i'd never complete. I think it's great other players can this year too.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went in a shopping rampage two days ago and was able to finish at least 8 complete motifs for my crafter (some of them I had only very few parts missing, but they were hard to find)... so yay! I agree :smiley:

Now, if only I could pass that motif knowledge to my main for achievement's sake lol
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    I went in a shopping rampage two days ago and was able to finish at least 8 complete motifs for my crafter (some of them I had only very few parts missing, but they were hard to find)... so yay! I agree :smiley:

Now, if only I could pass that motif knowledge to my main for achievement's sake lol

Probably a bit too late to suggest this, but just make your main a crafter for next year. I see you're on PC, so with the writ crafting addon you'll make an extra 3k or so a day on that character just by doing 2 minutes of writs, and that's just from straight up quest turn-in gold, not counting the other things you get from it. The absolute only thing that's at a premium is skill points to dump into crafting, but if it's your main shouldn't they have a lot anyway? Food for thought!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    leeux wrote: »

Probably a bit too late to suggest this, but just make your main a crafter for next year. I see you're on PC, so with the writ crafting addon you'll make an extra 3k or so a day on that character just by doing 2 minutes of writs, and that's just from straight up quest turn-in gold, not counting the other things you get from it. The absolute only thing that's at a premium is skill points to dump into crafting, but if it's your main shouldn't they have a lot anyway? Food for thought!

Oh yeah, thank you! You're right ofc.

But no worries... my main is also max crafter too, fully spec'ed too, since skill points aren't an issue (at least for now...) since at least a year and a half ago approx.

Problem is she's behind with motif acquisition, and each time I get a new shiny motif piece I prefer to use it on my "actual" designated crafter (and by that, I mean, I don't have any use for them as characters atm, since I don't do normal gameplay them anymore, except they're my designated traders also) to be closer to full motif completion. Same with recipes and furnishing plans, my main learns whatever dupes I get, but new ones go to my provisioner/furnishing crafter.

It's just, I'd love to get Worm Cult complete (since it's a one chance only) on my main too, but I don't want to spend the extra gold again on the duplicated parts for my main lol :blush:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love watching price curves in ESO. Particularly when something changes in the game and the price of something goes up or down (like when they introduced Perfect Roe and fish prices just crashed as a consequence.)
    The Moot Councillor