Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Amaya Lake Lodge

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First of all, apologies for the late showcase, with the Anniversary event and Summerset on PTS, things have been busy!

Let's get right into it, with my Amaya Lake Lodge I wanted to focus primarily on the garden and exterior, and of course the lake. I have added flowers and water liles to the lake, I have added lots of bamboo at the lakeside, and the outdoor area itself is crowded with laurel trees indigenous to Vvardenfell to make it a bit more crowded and dense.
The real treasure of the exterior area, aside from the Tribunal Fountain, is the wooden pergola I have added and decorated with lots of ivy and flowery details. Underneath the pergola there is an outdoor sitting area, complete with lots of decorations, clutter, tea and drinks and some carpets and tapestries. Perfect to sit and enjoy the outdoors underneath the ivy cover.

The sidebuilding of the lodge, that ZOS dubbed a "storehouse", I have turned into a luxurious bath hall, complete with again lots of ivy covers and lots of paintings, tapestries and other wall decorations and ornaments. I have added a lot of furniture from the Vivec furniture pack here, including the unique sofa and bed, and the bath tubs themselves have been warded off with some dividers, and again adorned with towels, trinket boxes and other items. A very cluttered and dense bathing hall, but still tastefully done I'd say.

Of course, the outside pergola and the bathing hall took up a lot of furniture slots, so the interior of the house itself is pretty much only decorated as I bought it furnished. which means the furniture is in place as well as paintings and panels, but there is a lot of clutter missing. So in the pictures and the videos below, I only focused on the outside area, the lake and the bathhouse. The rest of the house will have to wait until we get more slots.

I hope you enjoy the look, I really love how this house turned out, minus the lack of clutter in the house itself.

Next up is my Tel Galen that I will finally be able to show off! And after that, the Ebonheart Castle, that I recently finished decorating.

The eponymous lake of the lake lodge
pNXD1RQ.jpg

Lake and bamboo
UWawH8W.jpg

A small sitting area to enjoy the view over the lake and the water lilies
xxh7duv.jpg

Ivy decorated pergola
8u6UT7d.jpg

OESQN5Q.jpg

sgmN88U.jpg

zLKPJBC.jpg

LRnQJmi.jpg

0NouS4h.jpg

Fountain decorated with flowers
PpacIMZ.jpg

Bathing house
vC4y5hD.jpg

Settees, pillows and skooma for after bathing
hMhLQR2.jpg

Vivec's throne
uKNXifN.jpg

Vivec's bed
kojasvs.jpg

Bathing house
BF70s7e.jpg

Paintings and clutter
gJDvymM.jpg

ggdiMpu.jpg

btPqhP4.jpg

Bath tubs
uFypYLz.jpg
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

That looks amazing, I think I need to steal some of your ideas as someone who owns this house as well I have a lot of work to do to make it this impressive.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe @VonNelson @TelvanniWizard

That's Amaya done. Now I just need Ebonheart Castle and Tel Galen. They're already decorated, so I just need to get the pictures and video done. Enjoy =)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    WOW!

That looks amazing, I think I need to steal some of your ideas as someone who owns this house as well I have a lot of work to do to make it this impressive.

Thanks a lot =) To be fair, I did steal some of the ideas for this house as well from someone else! Using the wedding flowers as water lily flowers was an idea I got from someone else, as well as putting some flowers and water lilies inside the fountain to make it look more atmospheric.

The rest of it is pretty much my own. I really do enjoy creating these atmospheric sitting areas with lots of flowers and clutter, and bathing areas, as I'm sure you can tell by now.

Speaking of baths, there's a real surprise coming with my Ebonheart castle, just wait and see =p
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WOW!

I agree! WOW! I love what you did with the garden! I may steal the pergola idea, but I'd have to free up some slots! :D My exterior is quite bare since I removed all the rocks to free up slots. I've added a few plants here and there, but it's largely untouched.

Plus, the bath house is truly amazing! Lots of detail! I bet with the new furnishings from jewelry crafting, we'll have a lot more clutter items to choose from for even more clutter. ;) My storehouse is a workshop, which I'm pretty happy with, but I really like what you've done with the space.

With all that you've done, I can see why you didn't do anything with the interior. I'm curious, though, did you have to remove anything from the inside to make room?

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing what you've done with Tel Galen. BTW...I just bought Kragenhome a few days ago, but I haven't had time to do anything with it. I have my layout in mind, and I'm looking forward to working on a house where I'm not likely to run into the item cap.

ETA: I really like the Vivec furnishing pack and have never regretted buying it.

Also, did you notice in the patch notes that they moved Ald Velothi and Amaya Lake Lodge to the notable category in the crown store? I'm assuming that the item limit will remain the same, but maybe they get an increase to go with their new status? I'm gonna take a peek on PTS tonight and see.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 18, 2018 9:38PM
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Wow! Amazing as always, @Carbonised. Everything looks so luxurious and relaxing, we wouldn't mind spending some vacation time in a place like this.
    Staff Post
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Wow! Amazing as always, @Carbonised. Everything looks so luxurious and relaxing, we wouldn't mind spending some vacation time in a place like this.

Thanks! The loading screen for Amaya does mention "opulent luxury", so I guess I took that as my cue.
    Luxury seems to be my common theme in most if not all of these houses, but that comes naturally, with the beautiful Dunmer and Vvardenfell furniture pieces that we got. And I can assure you that luxury will probably also be a common theme in the Summerset homes ;)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    WOW!

I agree! WOW! I love what you did with the garden! I may steal the pergola idea, but I'd have to free up some slots! :D My exterior is quite bare since I removed all the rocks to free up slots. I've added a few plants here and there, but it's largely untouched.

Plus, the bath house is truly amazing! Lots of detail! I bet with the new furnishings from jewelry crafting, we'll have a lot more clutter items to choose from for even more clutter. ;) My storehouse is a workshop, which I'm pretty happy with, but I really like what you've done with the space.

With all that you've done, I can see why you didn't do anything with the interior. I'm curious, though, did you have to remove anything from the inside to make room?

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing what you've done with Tel Galen. BTW...I just bought Kragenhome a few days ago, but I haven't had time to do anything with it. I have my layout in mind, and I'm looking forward to working on a house where I'm not likely to run into the item cap.

ETA: I really like the Vivec furnishing pack and have never regretted buying it.

Also, did you notice in the patch notes that they moved Ald Velothi and Amaya Lake Lodge to the notable category in the crown store? I'm assuming that the item limit will remain the same, but maybe they get an increase to go with their new status? I'm gonna take a peek on PTS tonight and see.

Thanks! Yes I'm looking forward to Summerset and Jewelcrafting recipes as well. My only concern is the grind for super rare recipes, but let's hope ZOS actually makes it more reasonable this time around.

Actually I did change the interior a bit, now that I think of it, mostly I removed all the plain Dark Elf carpets and Dark Elf furniture pieces and replaced them with Vvardenfell ones, as well as putting up a few more panels and paintings. I took some screens to show how it looks:

IFPkZN8.jpg

rRpssr1.jpg

LwJiZo8.jpg

IV2vSGM.jpg

B9MBHm7.jpg

MbxMPfd.jpg

pfUDBuy.jpg

vF4gI2x.jpg

So while it certainly doesn't look bare boned or empty, it still is lacking a lot of the clutter and items I usually put in my homes, and I wouldn't call it nearly finished. It's merely just "ok".

The Vivec pack was great, I used the scrying pool at Tel Galen though, while the rest of the stuff is in Amaya.
    I wanted to do something cool with this balcony as well, but I only managed to put up a few pieces before hitting the limit:

6eYHCqd.jpg

Just checked on the PTS, the item limit is the same, sadly. The stupid thing is, I can still put 40 Undaunted busts and trophies on top of everything if I wanted (which would ruin the vibe of my homes completely), but I can't put in 40 regular items instead.

ZOS, we're pleading you, why you do this to us :-1:
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Aw it is beautiful, you have outdone yourself! This is far nicer than anything I’ve seen in game. I love outdoor spaces in homes and this is seamless between outdoors and indoors. Love bamboo and all the ivy everywhere. Have to say I’m really looking forward to seeing the tower!!

*and I’m well jealous of your paintings <3
    Edited by VonNelson on April 19, 2018 7:01AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply beautiful . Thank you for sharing .
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the house open to friends and guild members? I might have to come have a poke around some time. :wink:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the house open to friends and guild members? I might have to come have a poke around some time. :wink:

I do, all my houses should be open to guild members and friends, but Tel Galen is my primary residence, so you'll need the addon in order to visit the rest of them =)

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone, it's really encouraging.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work. Really great atmosphere...a total transformation. It feels Northern California to me. Or like the Huntington Botanical Gardens. I love the pergola area.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Awesome work. Really great atmosphere...a total transformation. It feels Northern California to me. Or like the Huntington Botanical Gardens. I love the pergola area.

Thanks! Speaking of northern America, I would love to have some glowbugs or fireflies placed around in this house. Would make for some great atmosphere. Cicada sounds coming from trees and bushes would be a great ambient touch as well.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Beautiful house.

Mine is just filled with faded tables and broken boxes.

I've no idea where to get these furniture motifs everyone else seems to get.
    :cry:
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    *sigh*

Beautiful house.

Mine is just filled with faded tables and broken boxes.

I've no idea where to get these furniture motifs everyone else seems to get.
    :cry:

Thanks.

Well, first of all, the Vvardenfell recipes aren't too hard to get now, especially if you have a master crafter and do crafting writs. If not, prices for both purples and blue recipes are really quite low. The Anniversary event also dropped a large amount of blue Vvardenfell recipes, so they're extremely cheap right now.
    If you're not into crafting furniture at all, you can also buy them for quite low costs at any guild traders, they are really abundant now that we have better access to the recipes.

Secondly, much of what you see in my homes are a combination of luxury NPC furnishings, like the glowing flowers and the pergola and many other items, of achievement furnishings like the fountain and the pale flowers, and of Crown Store furnishings like the Vivec pack I used in this home, and the bamboo and other items as well.

Hope that helps!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for a small update to my Amaya. First of all, the new Garlas Alpinia flowers from Wrathstone look excellent with the bamboo that I already placed in clusters around the lake. The outdoor Gazebo area also looks pretty great with the addition of the Hlaalu Salt Lamp and the new tea kettle that we got, which I'd say is an upgrade from the common teapot we had in the store. Finally, the bathhouse I improved with a Hlaalu Chiminea and some statuettes. Here's the new additions:

BCupv8X.jpg

9OsAZHx.jpg

gUWonmf.jpg

FfiigLz.jpg

BnKMDV5.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous! :smiley: I love the bathhouse and the addition of those luminescent flowers to the pond!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Gorgeous! :smiley: I love the bathhouse and the addition of those luminescent flowers to the pond!

Thanks a lot! =)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simply love it!