The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How will jewelry research work?

imnotanother
imnotanother
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand that research starts at 6 hours and doubles each trait.

Will it double a total of 18 times or 9 for each type (Rings or Necklaces)?

Also, the passive allows for 25% quicker research time and doesn’t exceed 30 days.

What is a realistic time frame for reasesrching these traits? Assuming with passive, ESO+ and without research scrolls.
PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably can research everything before you will have the mats needed to craft a set of gold jewelry.
    PC-NA
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Probably can research everything before you will have the mats needed to craft a set of gold jewelry.

Yeah, I’ve heard that it is, currently, a grind but my question is how does the research work.

If I learn Robust on rings (6 hours), will researching Robust for necklaces be 6 hours or 12?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each item will take 3 months (I think that’s the minute perfect research setups) with fully ranked research passive. Realistically it’ll take about 5 or 6 months to research one line fully, but you should alternate ring/neck researching to get to the most popular sets first (Hundings and Julianos)
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Each item will take 3 months (I think that’s the minute perfect research setups) with fully ranked research passive. Realistically it’ll take about 5 or 6 months to research one line fully, but you should alternate ring/neck researching to get to the most popular sets first (Hundings and Julianos)

So the reasesrch times for each jewelry type will be different? That is good.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Yeah, I’ve heard that it is, currently, a grind but my question is how does the research work.

If I learn Robust on rings (6 hours), will researching Robust for necklaces be 6 hours or 12?

Just like other items, each category has their own timers. So, Rings start at 6H, then 12H, then 24H etc. Necklaces start at 6H, then 12H, then 24H etc.

You can only research a Ring or a Necklace at one time, not both. So, keep me honest here:

6+12+24+48+96+182=378 Hours or 15.5 Days, no discounts. So one month to make Julianos or Hundings Jewelry. 3 Weeks or there abouts if you have all the passives to make the research go faster. However, you can't really front load that as you need to level Jewlery Crafting to unlock the Timer Reductions. So, between 3 and 4 weeks to get to Hundings/Julianos
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm planning to have one character research necklaces and another character research rings...

just to level up to six traits (most of the crafted gear i use is only six traits) and reach level 50 on each character is gonna be one heck of a grind for crafting materials and decon jewelry...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i'm planning to have one character research necklaces and another character research rings...

Yep. Nice that we don't need to worry about Motifs, so any Character can learn the traits and make the Jewelry once enough traits are known.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yep. Nice that we don't need to worry about Motifs, so any Character can learn the traits and make the Jewelry once enough traits are known.
    Almost reminds me of the Nirnhone research days at console launch.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have unused skill points and am saving up as much gold as possible.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

I have unused skill points and am saving up as much gold as possible.

Me too. I have 19 ready to go. Probably start grinding dolmens from Day 1 for deconstruction.
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    should only be two categories. Rings and Necks. So 6 hours for ring wouldn't mean 12 hours on a neck. No more so that it would between a lightning staff or bow. Or a Curiass and a Sword.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

So the reasesrch times for each jewelry type will be different? That is good.

No? They’re the same research times for rings and necks.

I say alternate which type you research so that you can 6 traits in both rings and necks before getting into the really lengthy research timers.